Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and mules. Bought my first Mule recently. Its a Mule 1000.
It is stripped of a few parts including wheels and tires. What size of wheel and what lug pattern do I need? Do they have to be OEM or can they be the fancier ITP type? What size tires? Any recommendations?
P.S. If anyone has any spare parts for sale I probably could use what you have.
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I know that Itp makes them for mules whish would be cheaper than buy stock anyway even if you just get the replacement steels. I am not sure of the stock tire and rim sizes but some of the bigger websites you buy from already have that info and can set you up with just the year and model

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just put some ITP street tires/wheels on our 1000 (were about $400 for new wheels and 165/70 x 12 tires). OE fitment for off road versions was 22x11x10. Discovered later there is a 20 x11x10 hard surface tire available from goodyear as I remember. I'm not ready to sell off the old rims yet, but there must be a salvage yard that has some where that has some. Try to stay away from coastal areas as they may be rusted to the point of needing tubes to hold air. Use a search engine and look for ATV salvage yards. Sometimes they are on e-bay also, use MULE 1000 in e-bay motors and don't over look the "sell it direct area at the bottom of the listing. Also some folks have good luck with Craig's list type places. I had some Alum rims that the bolt pattern was correct but the shape (hit the brake drums) and back spacing was wrong so watch for that if you go used or aftermarket. Depending on your use, hard surface may be a way to go as the 4 new tires on our 1000 last 18 months, 3000 miles. Wife drives it on farm roads, irrigation ditch roads and some pavement, I'm hoping these new ones will last longer. She is concerned about if it snows or gets muddy so I found a couple 25 x 11 x 10 for the back and turned the old front ones inside out on the rims as they were worn much more on the outside than the inside. The rears were a special low pressure (6 PSI) turf type tread that the belts were narrower than the tread and worn one set of knobs clear off. Had great traction on packed and soft surfaces though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts