Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey girls,
Just wondering where all of you are besides KYHICK (Heather)?! Done quite a bit of chattin' with her, and she's really cool. Looking forward to meeting the rest of you though and getting some more threads going on here! Might as well take advantage of this ladies area!

Got my Kawi sitting in the garage right now, and I'm starting to tear into it tomorrow. Gonna take it slow, and be patient so that it is done right the first time. I've found many people on here willing to help as needed, so here we go! Wish me tons of luck and added knowledge! Hubby doesn't ride yet, although I've noticed that little by little he's getting the bug! He's standing by and watching to see if I can get this girl running, so I'm off to work!!! :wink:

If anyone is interested, I'll keep ya posted on the progress as it happens! :grin:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Well, I'm around ;) Still waiting for spring here. It's a little chilly for riding at the moment (wind chills of -15F). I've been doing lots of browsing for accessories and periodically checking for when the MSF classes are starting up again so I can retest. Not much otherwise here.

I did visit my bike earlier this month and told it that I miss it and can't wait to ride again ;)

Do let us know how things progress with your bike! My bike doesn't need much in the way of maintenance yet since it's new, but stories are always appreciated :)

Happy and safe riding!

Angela

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I am here!!! Just busy with life stuff.
Welcome all girls, glad your here!!!
I think we can all learn from each other on what us "girls" are like in the motorcycle world :wink:

Kelly aka NinjaGirl (Moderator)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Windrider,
Thanks for the reply! I can sooooo relate to those cold temps, I am a Michigan native, and the day we moved south the windchill was -22, I had a tee shirt, turtle neck, flannel insulated jacket and a down jacket... with long underwear, sweat pants and then jeans, as well as the ear muffs, and gloves. We had to keep hopping in the truck to warm up in between hooking up chains, putting the Oldsmobile up on the car dolly, etc. So man can I relate to the cold!

As for telling your bike you miss it, I do the same thing, although mine is sitting in the garage begging me to get her done. Wish me luck!!!
Glad to talk to ya, PM me anytime!

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Greetings Everyone,

It has been about 2 weeks since my last ride and I am going bonkers..... Have been talking with Chromequeen about getting her bike running....got road fever BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Right now I am in Atlanta at my brother-in-laws house getting ready to do some job hunting.

Heather

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Job Hunt

Hey Heather!
We're in your corner girl! I've been wondering if you went to GA or not yet, how's it going so far?
Wishing ya the best, and hoping to hear great news when you get back!
Take Care,
CQ :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hi, my dad is a member (flynsouth) and asked me to look through here and told me to ask whatever I wanted. I'm 14 and have been riding dirt bikes for 5-6 years, only one broken wrist so far (he tells me at 14 he was mostly metal pins). Mom will never let me get a bike first but I luv to hear there are girl riders. Dad's bike is loud and big and he tells me at his age he road only moto (but won't let me race), how did you start?

Stefanie.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
flynsouth said:
Hi, my dad is a member (flynsouth) and asked me to look through here and told me to ask whatever I wanted. I'm 14 and have been riding dirt bikes for 5-6 years, only one broken wrist so far (he tells me at 14 he was mostly metal pins). Mom will never let me get a bike first but I luv to hear there are girl riders. Dad's bike is loud and big and he tells me at his age he road only moto (but won't let me race), how did you start?

Stefanie.
Hey Stefanie!
I started out on a 3wheeler, then dirtbikes, snowmobiles, and now I have a Ninja 500R, I love it!! That is awesome that you have been riding dirtbikes for awhile, if you decide to get streetbike, you will have some experience on your belt, that is a good start! I am sure when your old enough and you have taken the MSF Class you will progress to a streetbike.....in the meantime, ride fun, ride safe!!!!

Kelly aka NinjaGirl (Moderator)

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Stefanie,

I bought my first bike what I turned 18 and got a job....Mom was worried, but couldn't do anything....it was a Honda 250 Elsinore...dual purpose bike....just be patient....you've been bitten by the bug and fortunately there is no cure.

Welcome and don't be a stranger

Heather

·
Registered
694 Posts
flynsouth said:
how did you start?
Hi, Stefanie! I just started riding last year - at the ripe old age of 31 :p I originally wanted no part of riding, but my husband wanted a bike. He took the MSF last June. One of the days I got there early to pick him up and watched them for a while. I remember thinking, "gee, that looks like fun" and "gee, I could do that". I got my permit the next week, took the MSF in Sept and got my bike in Oct. Now all I have to do is wait for spring :)

And while I know it's a pain to have to wait until you can take the MSF class, look at it this way - with your dirt bike, you can still ride. And that's the important part ;)

Happy and safe riding!

Angela

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been around also.....workin WAY too much. I was also in the ER a few weeks ago with complications with my asthma. Much better now. Wanting to do some riding!!!!

Tiffany --->PinkPanther :)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to hear that you're doing much better Pink! I'm anxious to get back out there and get some riding in too.........

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
PinkPanther said:
I have been around also.....workin WAY too much. I was also in the ER a few weeks ago with complications with my asthma. Much better now. Wanting to do some riding!!!!

Tiffany --->PinkPanther :)
Was wondering where you were hiding...I just fiqured that Cyclegear was keeping you busy during the holiday season! Take care of yourself, I hope to have a group ride for us AZ riders in Feb.

Kelly

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where are the Ladies?
Hello everyone ..I am very pleased to meet all you ladies. I started on a, 1986 Suzuki savage 650 ,moved on to a 2003 honda Shadow Spirit 750 . I have just purchased a Vulcan 900 Classic LT. Looking forward to the snow going away to put some miles on the new one.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Ladysculpture1 said:
Where are the Ladies?
Hello everyone ..I am very pleased to meet all you ladies. I started on a, 1986 Suzuki savage 650 ,moved on to a 2003 honda Shadow Spirit 750 . I have just purchased a Vulcan 900 Classic LT. Looking forward to the snow going away to put some miles on the new one.
Welcome to the forum! It's nice to have another lady here. I'll be anxious to hear how you like the 900 once you get the chance to do some real riding.

·
Loves to ride big V-twins
4,081 Posts
Ladysculpture1 said:
Where are the Ladies?
You have know Idea how many times I have asked this same question!!!!!!

Again Lady, just want you to know I think you have a qreat ride :)

·
Hallo, mine name iz Gretchen
8,826 Posts
Hello all, I started riding just last March because I was tired of sitting on the back. I see alot more names of here that I didnt know which is nice. I glad there are more of us on here. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you in RedLodge in July.
I'm really tring to talk myself into a ride today even if it's just a little one. There's little wind and the streets are dry for a change but I think it's only about 33 degrees out there. We'll see maybe this afternoon.
Nice to meet all of you and I do hope to see you on here more.
Rebekah

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi everyone... I started riding about 2 months ago. I got tired of riding on the back of my husband's bike. I drove on four-wheelers quite a bit growing up. I live in Central Florida, so as long as it's not raining, I can ride. temperature isn't really an issue here. If I didn't have to dress professionally, I would ride my bike to work everyday. I enjoy riding so much. I try to ride every day...practice makes perfect!!!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts