Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My understanding is that the assembly plant for kawasaki is in Nebraska, the engines must be built in Japan and shipped here, right? any insight is appreciated, thanks, Doc.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Built in Nebraska

Thats right. They are built in Nebraska. So when some Harley lover ribs you for not buying american, tell him where the bike is built. You cant get any more American than Nebraska. Truth is, many of the parts installed on a harley at the factory, come from Canada. I dont eat French Fries for that reason

·
Registered
741 Posts
Canada and American AWOLs
No disrespect to our Canadian friends, its their government that is the problem:mad:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
hot_shoe_cv said:
No disrespect to our Canadian friends, its their government that is the problem:mad:
Just gotta jump in here.
No disrespect intended, but check your own backyard before pointing the holy finger at "our government'.
I Am Canadain and very proud of my country, and it's foreign policy.
have a nice day.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Indeed a treasure T-Man ! I not only checked it out, but copied it for posterity ! I happen to be riding one, an 85 FLT, but some of my (cohorts) make me want to --------------------show them your copy of that receipt !! :wink: Thanks again !

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Scary Harry said:
TRIKEBUBBLE:

This very far from the original topic but ;

Very good rebuttal. However, it is noted that the government of The USA has, yet, to begin construction of a monument to Canadian deserters.
Yes you are right,
This is far from the topic. I could respond with something witty but I realized that I am here to talk bikes, not politics.
And besides Salem is not that far away, and I would hate to think I caused ill feelings to a neighbour and fellow rider.
Best wishes,
Carlo.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Way to go Carlo. I too live in Oregon and my favorite road trip to date has been into BC. I used to live in Alaska and have been over the Alcan Highway several times. My family and I are planning another trip up the Alcan this summer to Skagway Ak. I am taking my new Nomad and can't wait for good weather.

Later,
DJ

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Glad to hear the Kaws are made in the USA! :razz:

Just my 2 cents (which are worth more than a Canadian's 2 cents :wink: )

Phatboy

·
Registered
242 Posts
hot_shoe_cv said:
The Canadian government is a problem to who? It's not a problem to the Canadians. Then where is the problem? :confused: :rolleyes:

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
T-man said:
AH, if the Harley crowd gives you the "Rice Burner" routine...show them this!! :)
nice find T !
i am going to have to print that one out !!

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I've told some of my HD buddies that my bike is at least partly made in the USA but certainly fully assembled in the usa most likely by good union boys in Nebraska!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sgt Mike said:
The Canadian government is a problem to who? It's not a problem to the Canadians. Then where is the problem? :confused: :rolleyes:
The problem is that several American soldiers have fled to Canada as awols in order to escape their sworn duty and the Canadien government has given them sanctuary, so far refusing to return them to the U.S. If thje extreme liberal Ottowa government disagrees with the U.S. Iraq policy that's fine, it's their country, but they should not give asylum to our citizens who violate our laws.
That's all I have to say on the subject.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Oh man 2 of my favorite issues..... :grin:

First, I doubt most of us here would spend any time with one of the HD boys who turn their nose up at anything other than their own ride no matter what we or they ride, could you imagine if the Ford vs. Chevy truck war was nearly as inflamed (no reponses needed).

Second, I was born and raised in Canada but have been a happy and grateful resident and citizen in the US for over 10 years. I could talk about how Americans myopic viewpoint of Canada is created by the media, not from any school based learning (as we had), or the fact the health system in Ontario may be universal and provide great coverage to all but is chronically broken, almost bankrupt and seriously weak and I could probably argue a dozen or so other points from both sides but who really cares.

The answer is the same for both issues, if you like where you live or what you ride or even broader how you chose to live who cares. You're not hurting anyone, you're loving life so carry on. If not then change, it's your responsibility not someone elses. Remember, judge not lest ye too be judged, or better yet from one of my favorite Wicked Jester (if you've never seen them check out their website, attitude to spare ) shirts, "You tell me that I sin, and that I'm bound for ****, but once your judgement condemns you I'll see you there".

Carry On.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, here goes, please no flames, my wife is from France (Normandy). I am so sick of hearing the ignorant, mindless flames on them. Any country has a right to believe and vote what they want, that is democracy. So, stop crying when foreign countries don't agree with the policies of this country. My mother-in-law lives like three blocks from here, her mother made here a dress with palm trees (to honor Patton's advance in Africa) at the bottom to welcome the American troops during the D-Day invasion (my mother-in-law was like 5 years old), the troops gave them chocolate and many other things they never experienced. Most French people love America AND Americans, please don't bash other countries or peoples needlessly unless it's terrorists, may they burn, I like everyone here, please don't ban me, :), Doc.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
From flynsouth

"Oh man 2 of my favorite issues.....

First, I doubt most of us here would spend any time with one of the HD boys who turn their nose up at anything other than their own ride no matter what we or they ride, could you imagine if the Ford vs. Chevy truck war was nearly as inflamed (no reponses needed).

Second, I was born and raised in Canada but have been a happy and grateful resident and citizen in the US for over 10 years. I could talk about how Americans myopic viewpoint of Canada is created by the media, not from any school based learning (as we had), or the fact the health system in Ontario may be universal and provide great coverage to all but is chronically broken, almost bankrupt and seriously weak and I could probably argue a dozen or so other points from both sides but who really cares.

The answer is the same for both issues, if you like where you live or what you ride or even broader how you chose to live who cares. You're not hurting anyone, you're loving life so carry on. If not then change, it's your responsibility not someone elses. Remember, judge not lest ye too be judged, or better yet from one of my favorite Wicked Jester (if you've never seen them check out their website, attitude to spare ) shirts, "You tell me that I sin, and that I'm bound for ****, but once your judgement condemns you I'll see you there".

Carry On."

Very nice thought, thanks, Doc.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts