Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for any upgrade part i can find seat caps, clip ons, etc.. and i have seen a couple of 250's that look lower how can i do that?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
options

bdropped, hang on till you have it through break in...until then get a Sport Rider Magazine and read, including the ads. check out the web sites...Conti is getting ready to put out some serious tires, and even get into racing type tires in a big way. Pirelli, Metzler, Avon ahve great tires...flush mount turn signals LED's to replace your lamps an dif you are serious about more power get a taller windscreen 2-4". you can wait till after break in or during to get a complete exhaust system, Vance and hines, Muzzy, D&D, Yoshimura, just ask if the muffler/canister is repackable...there is a trick involved within the pipe if you have access to get inside to repacking the baffle there...getting either a K&N airfilter or even Seperate Airpods, if you have shorter or longer legs take your seat to a boat shop there and have them reuhpolster your seat in what ever color material you want and while the cover is being redone have them change your seat foam to the closed cell foam used in boating. when they do this ask them to set you up for a custom seat. Basically you put the size foam that you need under you and then find the right length for your upper torso including your arms. It will most likely be a different hump, and usually further back than the stock seat...also lowering your upper torso giving you a cleaner aerodynamic setup...be careful that you don't get to far back or you won't have enough air to hold you up and you will find that your arms and shoulders will get too tired, so just find the sweet spot and have them take yor seat apart an dmake a new one for you...IT IS WORTH IT! YOu can get rearsets, and clip-ons, and once gas mileage becomes as good as it is going to be, around 3-5000 miles switching to 100%Synthetic oil, and go to bettter oil filters (found by going to filter manuffactures and reading,,,Hasting, wix, purolator, even read up on the Kawasaki oil filter and see who is actually making them. There is a list of things to be done...now is the time to search and read... I'll submit this to you...The only thing protecting you an dyour bike is the tires, so read everything about every manufacturer and their tires...it is much better to go through several sets of tires in a year than to drop your bike even once...PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS...IT should be a priority with Every Sport bike not just the ZX-10R and the hottest bikes...Your Ninja250R has the potential to do some serious business if you build it that way. Installing cruiser tires is something STUPID to do in my book for a bike like the Ninja250R.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts