Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
This forum is an index of the old forum on kawasaki-info.com it just got indexed today so it will pick up fast! Hang in there

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kawi said:
This forum is an index of the old forum on kawasaki-in.com it just got indexed today so it will pick up fast! Hang in there
:oops: Thanks.......I'll hang...............

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I spent my afternoon installing the new air intake and rejetting my carbs, which was fun, otherwise I would have been on here quite a bit more. All I have left to adjust is the float height and then play with the air/fuel mixture and I'll be ready to go. Runs good past 5K but low end isn't correct. I think I just turned my 500R into some nearly uncontrollable monster. :eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Freakinout said:
I spent my afternoon installing the new air intake and rejetting my carbs, which was fun, otherwise I would have been on here quite a bit more. All I have left to adjust is the float height and then play with the air/fuel mixture and I'll be ready to go. Runs good past 5K but low end isn't correct. I think I just turned my 500R into some nearly uncontrollable monster. :eek:
Well I just found this site....so I'll be here for a min.....I did charge my battery today ...it died (I left my key in and on :oops: ) and than I rode...not for long though....the wind was to strong and I was riding sideways all day....no fun at all.... :(

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
sunshine said:
Well I just found this site....so I'll be here for a min.....I did charge my battery today ...it died (I left my key in and on :oops: ) and than I rode...not for long though....the wind was to strong and I was riding sideways all day....no fun at all.... :(

I found this site not too long, I wasn't planning on riding today, but it ended up not raining and not being bad on temps, the wind was blowing, but I am used to that now, all the time wind is blowing, gusting, dirt blowing with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Freakinout said:
sunshine said:

I found this site not too long, I wasn't planning on riding today, but it ended up not raining and not being bad on temps, the wind was blowing, but I am used to that now, all the time wind is blowing, gusting, dirt blowing with it.
Not fun at all........its going to be a long winter for me :cry:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
last year we got a whole 1/32" of snow, maybe this year we can break the record. Now it will get cold, but we have strange weather that keeps warm days popping up all winter, as long as I can get like 4 hours every 2 weeks I'll be happy.

Last night/yesterday I rode for like 12 hours, thinking that we'd have a couple of weeks of really cold weather. Ended up just being sore from so much riding and decent weather today. :!:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Freakinout said:
last year we got a whole 1/32" of snow, maybe this year we can break the record. Now it will get cold, but we have strange weather that keeps warm days popping up all winter, as long as I can get like 4 hours every 2 weeks I'll be happy.

Last night/yesterday I rode for like 12 hours, thinking that we'd have a couple of weeks of really cold weather. Ended up just being sore from so much riding and decent weather today. :!:
so what is the temp there....now and what will it be in the winter time....oh and is there alot of horses around there......

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
sunshine said:
Freakinout said:

so what is the temp there....now and what will it be in the winter time....oh and is there alot of horses around there......
today was like 60F, tomorrow is supposed to be 36F. Winter changes from like -10F to 55F. There are some hores, not a lot though. It is kind of a flat dry place for those animals.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Freakinout said:
sunshine said:
Freakinout said:

today was like 60F, tomorrow is supposed to be 36F. Winter changes from like -10F to 55F. There are some hores, not a lot though. It is kind of a flat dry place for those animals.
The weather sounds alot like Indy...the reason I asked about horses....I have them and your in Tx....so I had to ask.............

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
sunshine said:
The weather sounds alot like Indy...the reason I asked about horses....I have them and your in Tx....so I had to ask.............
weather is just kinda funky, I've found the hard way that I have to check the weather every morning and every night, otherwise I end up in a dust storm or in the rain/windy conditions.

plus all we have are straight flat roads, very boring for a sport bike. :cry:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I rode to work here in Ark. today and the wind was pretty bad here too. Got slapped around quite a bit but cold front started coming thru mid-afternoon and it was kinda cool to have a tailwind going to work and one coming home

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
kawboy said:
I rode to work here in Ark. today and the wind was pretty bad here too. Got slapped around quite a bit but cold front started coming thru mid-afternoon and it was kinda cool to have a tailwind going to work and one coming home
leaning over going straight always feels weird, but the tail-wind can be a lot of fun, I love flying down hills with a nice tailwind. 8)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm originally from Amarillo so I know what you mean about being kind of boring riding area. You ought to bring that machine up to the Ozarks and give it a workout on some of these roads!

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
kawboy said:
I'm originally from Amarillo so I know what you mean about being kind of boring riding area. You ought to bring that machine up to the Ozarks and give it a workout on some of these roads!
My plan for next summer is a 3 week ride to lake tahoe and back, I think that would be lots of fun, and several thousand miles on my bike too. :shock:

From Amarillo? I'm sorry, Lubbock is bad, but amarillo is worse. :eek:

I just have to hunt to find good twisties, and if I go south I get those great looking deer, otherwise known as biker-killers.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Any riding is better than none but you're right, you have to be careful and know what hazards a certain area presents

·
Proud Owner Of This Forum & Beartooth Kawasaki
2,735 Posts
Dang It's been snowing here not much riding now. In the summer though we have the Beartooth Highway it goes fromm 5500 to 11000 in 27 miles what a rush to ride, switchbacks all the way! 8)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Kawi said:
Dang It's been snowing here not much riding now. In the summer though we have the Beartooth Highway it goes fromm 5500 to 11000 in 27 miles what a rush to ride, switchbacks all the way! 8)
We have like 3 miles of curves total, and there is no elevation change :cry:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sounds like a real kick in the back of the lap, kawi! We've got one called "Pig Trail Scenic Highway" (that's really its name) that has switchbacks with gouges cut in it from the back corners of trailers. Remember the Porche tv ads of 5 hi-ways in US to drive a porche on? This is one of them.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts