Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my HJC, and I think I want an Arai Profile. Problem is, I don't know for sure if I would wear a XL or a XXL (Yes, I have had my head measured according to Arai instructions, and I am at the borderline between XL and XXL.) Local dealer here won't order one unless I pay up front, and if it is the wrong size I get hit with a re-stocking fee.

Any suggestions, or am I just hopeless/helpless?

Thanks, y'all!

·
I'm your Huckleberry
3,316 Posts
I need to replace my HJC, and I think I want an Arai Profile. Problem is, I don't know for sure if I would wear a XL or a XXL (Yes, I have had my head measured according to Arai instructions, and I am at the borderline between XL and XXL.) Local dealer here won't order one unless I pay up front, and if it is the wrong size I get hit with a re-stocking fee.

Any suggestions, or am I just hopeless/helpless?

Thanks, y'all!
Call around to dealers in the area...you may have to travel (closest dealer I found that stocked any of the high end brands was over 100 miles away), but you WILL want to try it on before hand. And not for the sizing, but for the shape of the helmet. I was sure I wanted an Arai Profile II (looking to upgrade my HJC)...didn't fit worth a squat...too round. Ended up not finding an Arai that fit well...had to go with a Shoei (which I LOVE).

Big city dealers are more likely to stock them...they are expensive, and don't sell well, so it costs them a lot of money to keep them in stock.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.