Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, new to the forum. I just picked up a 1976 and a 1978 KE100 or G5. Whichever they are. Serial #’s say G5. Whatever. Anyway, where can I buy replacement parts other than eBay? I try to avoid eBay as much as I can. Parts like seals, gaskets, pistons, rings, bearings, brakes, etc. What are the online stores to shop at, and who to avoid? I know a lot of stuff might not be available anymore, but surely someone trustworthy is selling parts for vintage bikes. I know how to Google, but I’d love some recommendations before I waste my time and money. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
The Kawasaki dealer may carry some items for your motorcycle.
Partzilla is a Kawasaki dealer. If they show a photo of a part, then they should have it.
If no photo but a price is listed (after signing in), they might still have, but they also might not have the part. Their availability info isn't 100% correct. Kawasaki dot com has diagrams,
but Partzilla is easier to use.

Partzilla has diagrams w a cross-reference, so if anything is shared with the 70s thru 80s KZ models, then Z1Enterprises dot com might have some items for your motorcycle. Z1Ent & EB are where I get most of my stuff.

PartsNMore is another place. It's where I get muffler connection gaskets. Their Kawasaki page lists almost all Kawasaki models, so they might have some stuff for your motorcycle.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I would pin down what models they are. Try CycleChaos dot com or Zedder dot com.
I didn't see a G5 after 1975 at Partzilla.

Vesrah has a cross-reference, for replacing the brake shoes if oem aren't available.
I would try to avoid old old old NOS brake shoes. The lining adhesive gets brittle over time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! After doing my due diligence, here’s what I think I have.
my bikes were manufactured 5/75 and 7/78. But everything I can find for the serial and engine numbers along with their colors, says they are 1976 and 1979 respectively. That should help with my parts searching! I appreciate the advice. Now to get the top end unstuck on the 79.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m still searching for a replacement cylinder for the 79. If anybody knows of one, I’d be grateful! I can’t really justify the cost of the Indonesian Ebay cylinders, that may or may not be correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anybody know if I can replace this aluminum cylinder with a cast iron G5 cylinder & piston?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts