Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find an online outlet to buy some parts from (forward controls, license plate frame, etc.)
Does anyone out ttere know any good online stores here in Canada?
Or, anywhere in the states that doesn't charge an arm and a leg to ship into Canada (i.e. Cruiser Customizing and their outrageous shipping into Canada)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Carlo.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
i have used Dennis Kirk quite a few times, not sure how their shipping is to Canada though. on more expensive items, i will use them as a reference and then look for the parts elsewhere. Ebay gets 75% of my business though. i have purchased a couple things through the shop where i bought the bike, but only enough to stay aquainted with them.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Online shops

I have used Dennis Kirk, Ron Greene Sports Center, and MAWonline and several deals on good ol' Ebay.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
i used Ron Greene as well, through ebay. that is where i bought my power commander and hypercharger. i would have purchased my sissy bar and rack through them but the support plates where on backorder. that's ok, i ended up finding a deal on a used set on ebay.

·
Registered
806 Posts
trikeb

It depends on what you're looking for. For your FC and LPF I suggest like others you cruise ebay, I've seen the FC set on ebay at $307 and to be honest IMHO if you pay $10-20 extra across the border with the current exchange you probably can't beat that. I switched to a COBRA LP mount I found on ebay at about 60% of the price anywhere, $10-20 in shipping is immaterial at that point. (Be happy to sell you a Chrome LP Frame but doubt that's what you're looking for) You may want to think about a PO Box (if someone will deliver to it) in WA and save some $$. I've done that in that past when I lived in Vancouver and my brother was in Bellingham WA, just food for thought. I've found that even with shipping it has been cheaper to buy from US suppliers than CDN. I currently use the above plus Scootworks (local to me and a discount with my riding club), J&P Cyles and JC Whitney all of whom are national and may give you a break. I can give you the links if you need them. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i was gonna suggest JP cycles also-they will ship to the great north :grin:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
JP cycles don't always have the greatest price, but they do have parts in stock and they have good customer service.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the help

I went out hunting online, and found the best deals were definately on Ebay.
I ordered some forward controls from a place and will keep you all updated as to how long it takes for them to show up. If it all pans out the way it should then i will have saved $200.00 cdn. from what my local Kawy dealer wants for the same item.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts