Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Where would YOU go?

6K views 165 replies 57 participants last post by  mrblanche 
#1 ·
As I sat in the garage sweating and swearing at my not yet completed bike yesterday, my mind wandered.

I was thinking of where I'd like to go once the thing is running, besides around the block. :cool:

I would like to go to the m/c museum in Birmingham, AL,

Travel all the way down HY 1 in California

See the PNW mountains.

See the forests of Maine.

This is a small portion, and doesn't include the overseas destination.

Where would YOU go?

#2 ·
I want to run the coast line of Cape Cod Ma. then head up the coast thru Boothbay and Bar Harbor Me. Also probably throw in the Newport coastal area of R.I. also. Umm I think I'll do it come spring why think about it. hehe

#3 ·
I had wanted to do a cross country ride, but thats cause I was wanting to run away from life at the time. I think I would still like to do it someday but probably won't happen until I retire in about 30 yrs.
I would like to do the Lake tahoe area in the summer on a bike.
I have been out there skiing and just think it would be great on a bike.

#4 ·
New Hampshire then Maine for lobster. Hwy 17 most of the way.

Oklahoma City- I've never met my niece who lives there.

New River Gorge in WV. Looks so cool on the quarter.

Anywhere on the Pacific coast. I've seen the sun come up over the Atlantic countless times....

#7 ·
Every year I drive out to Portland to visit my son. I absolutely LOVE driving into Oregon through the Columbia Gorge, and I've never done it on my bike. I hope to do that this year. Alan and I are thinking about heading to Portland before the Red Lodge get-together and then joining the PNW group for the ride into Red Lodge.

#13 ·
Every year I drive out to Portland to visit my son. I absolutely LOVE driving into Oregon through the Columbia Gorge, and I've never done it on my bike. I hope to do that this year. Alan and I are thinking about heading to Portland before the Red Lodge get-together and then joining the PNW group for the ride into Red Lodge.
Hi Julie, are you and Alan planning on taking the bikes this year to Red Lodge?

ohhhh.........I wanna do ride down through the Moab, Utah.......4 corners.....grand Canyon.......CA and come back up Highway 101 Orgeon coast.

#15 ·
Living in the PNW spoils me. Aside from that, I miss riding in Japan. Bikes are everywhere there, and car drivers actually see them. So many bikers they don't bother waving. Great mountain roads, 7-11 stores with edible food (oden in the winter can't be beat), and vending machines everywhere on the sidewalks. Too bad there's so many vandals in other parts of the world, or people everywhere would know the pleasure of stuffing their pockets with hot cans of Georgia Coffee on a cold night. That's right, vending machines dispensing hot OR cold beverages. Find the right one and a 12 ounce can of hot cocoa will warm your innards.

#21 ·
A1A, as much as still exists, south Florida to northern Maine.:lol: Selected side trips along the way!:biggrin:
I've been at both ends and I'll tell you what, 1500 miles of US1 will either burn out your clutch from the stop -n go or make you want to kill yourself. In the summer, I avoid it at all costs.

#23 ·
I would like to ride down to the keys following the coast as much as possible then over to Mexico and down to Brazil. After a stay there, come back up to Cali, ride the pacific coast and into Washington. Back over to Colorado into New Mexico and Arizona stopping by the Grand Canyon. Next I'm up to Sturgis and then home after a year on the road.

Years ago my buddy and I were gonna ride to Brazil (had to do with the dancers in the GoGo bars we hung out in) and we were talked out of it ....something we both regret not doing! Mid 80s lots of garbage happening in Central America according to someone we knew.

#25 ·
Hwy 1 is overrated.
California is stinky smelly too many people smoggy hot sweaty.
You don't want to come to California.

BTW: Did I tell you that I rode 400 miles New Years Eve? :biggrin:

Seriously though... I'd be right there behind you on your list.
The Dragon? It's like a Van Halen concert... gotta' do it at least once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.