Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help becuase i just cleaned out the carb because i forgot to turn the gass off, and it wouldnt start (oops) but now it backfiring like crazy and its idleing really really fast so if some one could help me out that would be great. Thanks, scotty

·
Registered
407 Posts
i need some help becuase i just cleaned out the carb because i forgot to turn the gass off, and it wouldnt start (oops) but now it backfiring like crazy and its idleing really really fast so if some one could help me out that would be great. Thanks, scotty
The mixture screw on the Kehin CR carbs is underneath the carb near the front of the fuel bowl. It's up inside a round hole. You will need a very short small screwdriver to adjust. I barely have room to get the screwdriver in the hole with my 450F, you might not be able to do it at all on your 250F. You might have to remove the carb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to get yourself an aftermarket fuel screw for easier adjustment. Sounds like the bike is a bit lean, so you need to screw your fuel screw inward. As far as idiling is concerned, you can just adjust the idle screw. Pretty basic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.