Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I don't mean the "flag this post because of obvious content . wrong thread , intent to incite a riot , spam in general " button .

~kop

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No , as a matter of fact it is NOT rhetorical

If you like this website, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation. Your donation will be used to pay for hosting service,Thank You! domain, maintenance costs & promotions for the forum only! Select your donation amount, fill in your forum username (so you can be listed as a Supporter) and then press the Donate button.
kawasakimotorcycle.org is a wholly owned subsidiary of Motorcycle.com , a for profit entity . When Beartooth Kawasaki in the person of Jimmy sold the forums they became the possession of a for profit entity .
That the "donation button" still exists on the front page is misleading , unconscionable , and frankly offensive .

So no , it wasn't rhetorical and I believe necro-posting to my own thread is my own business

~kop

·
Super Moderator
10,634 Posts
No , as a matter of fact it is NOT rhetorical

kawasakimotorcycle.org is a wholly owned subsidiary of Motorcycle.com , a for profit entity . When Beartooth Kawasaki in the person of Jimmy sold the forums they became the possession of a for profit entity .
That the "donation button" still exists on the front page is misleading , unconscionable , and frankly offensive .
Can't say that I disagree here. But the best we can do is what you've done- alert people to concerns- and move on. Misleading, implying unethical, is not the same as illegal. OTOH, who of us is qualified to say the monies donated do not get used exactly as described? IMHO any company has every right to request donations for services, especially one that provides service for free. AFAIK no one has ever been charged anything for the thoughts, opinions tech info, etc. available on this site. This is a classic case of "Let the buyer beware". It's your money, do with it or not what you please or don't.

So no , it wasn't rhetorical and I believe necro-posting to my own thread is my own business

~kop
K Sunshine. Someone put a burr up yer butt or what :)?

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do what I can Russ . Are you still here ? Are we still talking about this ? ;-)

~kop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts