Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
V2K In Torque We Trust
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a earlier thread that I started, I mention a motorcycle museum in Southern California that I liked and others started posting info about museums that they liked. Seemed like a better idea for a thread.

So here goes, let's give a shout out for all those motorcycle museums around the world that we've enjoyed.

Let us all know where they are so on our individual travels we can visit.

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
Solvang, CA

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
There's a great private collection in Maggie Valley, NC. It costs 15 bucks to get in, but if you like harleys and old twins going back to the war days and beyond, it's a great way to spend about 4 hours (or more!).

·
Registered
905 Posts
Two KS museums a block apart

We have a nice museum in Marquette, Ks. Looked like a lot of the bikes were from someone else's collection, but a nice variety for sure. Plenty of old Indians, Harley's (even some from the AMF glory days), and a mini-bike or two. Had a couple that came from a Sears catalog!
Kansas Motorcycle Museum Home Page
Free admission, but there's a bucket for donations. The husband who owned it was a big bike racer. His racing career includes winning the National Scrambles in 1968, 1969, 1970, 1972 and 1974, winning Kansas State Scrambles sixteen times and numerous other races.

Stan passed away November of 2007, but his wife still runs the museum. I was up there early December, and they are adding on to the museum.
I didn't make it there, but next block down the street is a British motorcycle museum.

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
SG Custom Cycles in Columbia, TN is great. I don't know that it's officially a museum, but sure has a heck of a collection.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
There's a great private collection in Maggie Valley, NC.
When we rode the Dragon two years ago we stayed in Maggie Valley and went to Wheels Through Time. It was without a doubt the best thing we did down there besides the riding.

·
'06 Nomad
38 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts