Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Open to suggestion
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People,

I apologise if this has been done to death, and please point me to any relevant threads if there are any, but could somebody let me know if there are any significant differences between the 800 Classic models - what do the different B numbers mean?

I'm hopefully picking up a 2005 Classic (B6 or B7 I think) in a couple of weeks and have picked up in a few threads that some of the more standard modifications are not as effective on the later B's - exhaust and air intake changes for example.

Any advice gratefully received,

Roo

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
As far as I know all the A and B model vn800 have the same exhaust and intake. Only difference might be the California model due to emisions.

·
USE BATH SALTS
298 Posts
different B numbers relates to the year model. higher the number, later the year model.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hi People,

I apologise if this has been done to death, and please point me to any relevant threads if there are any, but could somebody let me know if there are any significant differences between the 800 Classic models - what do the different B numbers mean?
I'm hopefully picking up a 2005 Classic (B6 or B7 I think) in a couple of weeks and have picked up in a few threads that some of the more standard modifications are not as effective on the later B's - exhaust and air intake changes for example.

Any advice gratefully received,

Roo
The B means classic model, A being the custom, The number is the factory year of production, meaning the first classic was built in 1996 so that is a B1, Mine is a 2000 so it is a B5, a 2005 would be a B10, the custom came out a year earlier so thier number count is one higher, so if my 2000 bike was a custom it would be an A6. I hope you understand this. The only differences I'm aware of is in the earlier years (untill 98 I beleive) the transmission gearing is a little different along with different size chain sprockets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts