Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to get a bike this spring and here are three that I have found in my price range.

1.02 suzuki sv650s $3299
2002 SUZUKI SV650S for sale in Waukesha, WI: SPORTBIKE - CycleTrader.com

2.03 suzuki bandit 600s $2995
2003 SUZUKI GSF600S Bandit 600 for sale in Arlington Heights, IL: Standard - CycleTrader.com

3. 02 suzuki sv650s blue with aftermarket exhaust with road rash on right side. $3500 He said previous owner laid it down at 15 mph could there damage to the frame from this?

Has anyone ever rode a bandit 600 if so are they a fairly heavy bike?
If so I probably wouldn't want that one, my katana was 500 lbs and it was to heavy for me.
Any input on these bikes would be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
IMO that's a little steep for an 02 SV650, but it could just be your market.

The bandit is a decent bike, but it's quite a bit heavier than the SV, and, more importantly, the SV is a TWIN.

SV all the way!

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
The SVs would be better bikes to get as they are newer technology. the Bandit is dated. There is also a lot of aftermarket stuff for them.

As for the prices, check on Buy or Sell New and Used Motorcycles - CycleTrader.com and compare prices for comparable models there.

Always try to find one that has not been down if possible. You may want to ask to take the bike to a dealer to have the frame checked. If there is only scrapes and none of the plastic is broken, then chances are it was light and the frame would be ok. You should get a much better deal on it from "retail" for that year and model as the plastic to replace it is pricy!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My husband had the Bandit 600 and HATED it. It was VERY heavy and old technology. I think he has described it as a "pig"

SV650 would be the way to go. I've heard a lot of good things about that bike.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Haha isn't the bandit 600 air/oil cooled? The engine on that bike is literally a throwback to 1980.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But the price should be set accordingly.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HI, that is the thing I was worried about, it is the same **** thing as my katana, 4 carbs and air/oil cooled and fairly heavy.
Same thing as my old junk katana and I definatley don't want another one of those. The bandit is out.
I will probably go with a sv, probably get one within the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
57 Posts
out of the two the sv is hands down a better bike. but....be patient , i wouldnt pay more than 3000 for a perfect 02.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Suzuki GSF600S Bandit

Suzuki SV 650S

Based on what I am seeing, the SV is the way to go. Like it has been said, there are going to be a ton of aftermarket and support for the SV. I personally prefer inline-4's, but in this case the SV for the win! :)

The '01 SV650 non-faired: The guy wants too much IMHO...but the miles and condition are right.

The '02 SV650S: The guy wants too much again if you ask me.

I bet if you were to show up with 2,800 / 3,000 in cash they would be pretty receptive. The guy I bought my bike from was holding strong to a too-high of a price, until I showed up with cash in hand that was less than he wanted. All of a sudden it was not a problem! good luck with the purchase. :)
-Seb

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, thanks for the opinions, I will keep looking over the next couple weeks.
thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts