Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 Vulcan Classic 1500. Which carb do I have and where is the best source for a rebuild kit? Some have suggested the HD dealer....any suggestions?

·
Wannabeabigbike Owner
745 Posts
If you go to a Harley dealer and seriously ask him for a rebuild kit for a Kawi, I hope your not the sensitive, easily hurt type of guy like me!
(but I would love to be there! Bet I would learn some neat new curse words!!)

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
You have a Kiehn CVK-40 carb and for a rebuild kit I'd look at Ron Ayers, Dennis Kirk or the dealer. It is very similar to the carbs used in HD's but not identical.

·
Not so Newbie
17 Posts
If you go to a Harley dealer and seriously ask him for a rebuild kit for a Kawi, I hope your not the sensitive, easily hurt type of guy like me!
(but I would love to be there! Bet I would learn some neat new curse words!!)
I'm planning to rebuild my '96 Classic 1500 carb. After much research I found no one sells an actual rebuild kit. You have to purchase all the parts individually.

So I stopped by the Kawasaki dealer and they tell me all the parts I need will have to be ordered taking 3-5 business days. Since I wanted them right now I swung by the local Harley dealer who had what I needed in stock for the Keihin CVK-40 carb. No choice words for me but he did stop smiling and produced a subtle glare.

Just FYI, there's a good article about the Keihin CVK-40 carb at Gadget's Fixit page.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since my original post about one and a half years ago, I have become very intimate with my CVK-40. I have found that buying individual parts as needed was the route I ended up taking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts