Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vulcan 900 Custom
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought the blacked out OEM pipes and mounted them. Not sure if I like them after being mounted so I thought I'd put it out there for others opinions.

First pic with the chrome OEMS
Second pic with the blacked out OEMS

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
chrome the bike loks brighter... the balck and the bike looks darker...to me both look great

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
I think the chrome looks better unless you're also gonna black out other stuff (wheels mainly).. I think the black looks outta place with the rims being stock color.. but thats just my opinion.

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
I think the chrome looks better unless you're also gonna black out other stuff (wheels mainly).. I think the black looks outta place with the rims being stock color.. but thats just my opinion.
Agreed.

I think if your gonna go with flat black, you need to go full-tilt. Some chrome on a 'murdered-out' bike is OK, but just the pipes looks a little bit like an after thought to me.

The real question is what do you like better. It's you bike, and your opinion is all that really matters in the end.

·
Vulcan 900 Custom
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed.

I think if your gonna go with flat black, you need to go full-tilt. Some chrome on a 'murdered-out' bike is OK, but just the pipes looks a little bit like an after thought to me.

The real question is what do you like better. It's you bike, and your opinion is all that really matters in the end.
I thought I'd like them blacked out. But the more I look at it, I don't know. When my wife looked at them too, she liked the chrome. I'd hate to admit she may be right!!! Just kidding.

·
Waiting out the WI winter
801 Posts
I like the chrome unless you plan on blacking out other parts of the bike also.

·
Slow and Easy
57 Posts
+1

How do you like those mirrors? Are they functional or just for show?

·
Vulcan 900 Custom
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, first off, I appreciate the honesty here, that's why I posted. And as I mentioned previously, the more I look at them, I think the look is not for me. I've already taken them off and am going to try and re-sell them. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts