Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the vulcan 800 classic and my brother bought the 800 suzuki volusia. I know his is a little fatter looking but thats because of the huge freakin fenders (personally i think they're ugly) and the fat gas tank. I was wondering which bike is the better one!!!! I think mine has more power and looks better than the overweight-looking volusia! Anyone else have an opion on this one???

·
Registered
27 Posts
which is better?

I'm with you jaks7124. The classic is exactly that and nobody can say different. The lines are so smooth that it looks like it is moving when standing still. Stick to your guns.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

the vulcan wins hands down in styling :wink: performance wise,not a great deal of difference
one of road captains rides one and we have raced them a couple of times and i just did
edge him out,prolly because of a little weight difference(he has bags,shield,etc)
they do look bigger with those fenders,but i rode with a 650 yammy this weekend that looked bigger than kaw/suk. the yamaha is huge for a 650 just looking at it and slow as snail sex :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic Specifications & Performance Price: $6999 - Wet weight: 575 lbs. - Engine: 805cc liquid-cooled SOHC 55-degree V-twin, 4 valves per cylinder - Fuel capacity: 4.0 gal. - Fuel mileage: 44.6 mpg - 1/4 mile acceleration: 14.34 sec., 89.9 mph

Suzuki Intruder Volusia 800 Specifications & Performance

Price: $6599 - Wet weight: 587 lbs. - Engine: 805cc liquid-cooled SOHC 45-degree V-twin, 4 valves per cylinder - Fuel capacity: 4.2 gal. - Fuel mileage: 38.9 mpg - 1/4 mile acceleration: 15.34 sec., 83.5 mph

your right bob-facts is facts, i'm lighter,get better milage,faster in the 1/4,faster top speed
not to mention better color selection :lol:

i like the zuks though it does handle the big road with no effort! :wink:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love my Suzuki Vol. I am 5' 8" and it fits me like it was made for me. However, I do want more cubes, power/torque, braking, smoother shifting and more grunt so that I don't have to constantly stir the gearbox while riding in a group when the big boys twist the grip. I guess I have Kawalust - probably 1600 Classic. The Kawa has reliability, hydraulic valve adjustment, and is just plain smoooth. I might be tempted to put on a some parts from Thunder Manufacturing: Power Commander, Perfomance air kit and possibly some aftermarket pipes as well.

It looks like Suzuki and Kawasaki will kissin' cousins.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yea - they are brothers now-i looked at the new vol 1600 the other day and it is
almost a copy of the mean streak cept for a different fender :lol:
i think suk will be bring some new models and colors some time soon!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts