Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed it down to the cobra lightbar or the custom world lightbar. i would probably go with the cobra but i have read that there is a problem routing the wires outside the bar. can someone please give me more details about that? also, i am concerned about the cobra hitting the engine guards when i install them. i have not yet decided which engine guards to go with, but i am leaning toward the kawi guards or the mce guards. if barons comes out with some, i will probably go with those. also, i have read that there is a problem with the cw bar shooting bulbs and that they are hard to find.

and while im at it, i broke my tailbone a few years back and i don't have to ride a bike for it to ache. but riding makes it worse. i have been thinking about either having my seat redone at mean city cycles or purchasing a corbin young guns seat or possibly a saddlemens seat. i have never sat on a aftermarket seat. can anyone please tell me what you reccommend? i do not want a big, bulky seat like the mustang. what about the kawi gel seat? how is it?

I have a 2007 Vulcan 900.

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
Check this link for some more info, including the wiring.
Yes, the Cobra has you run the wires outside, so unless you feel like drilling holes and such try going with a National Cycle light bar, mine came complete with new turn signals & wires run inside. As an added bonus the back side of the directionals act like convex (spot) mirrors.

Light bar tread

The Mustang is more comfortable than stock, although I wish I got the heated Corbin instead. The Mean City Cycles sounds like a great deal & much cheaper than The Mustang/Corbins. Only real downside is you're with out your seat for a couple of weeks.

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
One more FYI, the stang is black pleather and in two pieces (like the stocker) and the Corbin is leather, one piece, comes in your choice of colour(s) and other options for grain, heat etc but it's a little pricey.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Are you putting a wind shield on the 900? If you go with a Memphis Fats with the quick release the only light bar that fits is the Big Bike Contour. As far as seats I am a big fan of the Corbin Young Guns ( I have had the stock and Saddlemen's King). Do a search and I think you will find lots of positive posts on the seat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a national cycle street shield on the bike. which btw, was just a waste of money. doesn't help at all with the wind. what is the problem with the windshields? is it a clearance issue?

the only accessories i have added thus far are the kuryakyn grips and the windshield. i am adding a lightbar, headlight visor, seat upgrade, engine guards, 2 into 1 pipes, easy brackets, and maybe a hypercharger and fuel processor. this is my first cruiser. my 2 other bikes were sport bikes and i didn't get to have much fun modding them.

if anyone has any suggestions, they would certainly be appreciated. i can use any advice i can get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts