Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 VN2000 Limited. I have already put on a set of V&H Powershots and am going to put on a Baron's Big Air Enferno kit. My question is, what would be the best fuel processor to get and why? :confused:
There are so many different ones I was hoping the members here would give some advice or opinions on the best one to get.:smile:

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
I have the Kevin Ferguson map from the ROG website loaded now. I didn't get to ride it much because of the weather but it had noticeably more snort than the one from Dynojet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Depends on how much money you want to spend. TFI will cost you about $200 and you can install / program it yourself. PCIII and maping will run you over $600.

Aren't those Rogues fast enough stock?

windman

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Windman, are they ever fast enough? lol
I was hoping on more comments for the Cobra FI2000r or the V&H Fuelpak. I definately don't want to spend a ton of money but on the other hand I don't want buy any junk either.

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
Had the TFI on my 900, and went with the PC on the 2K. Whatever you decide, will work fine. Only reason I did what I did, was some of the best numbers have been posted with a PCIII, BAK, and Powershots. I am happy with the set up. Running Fuel Moto's map. Maybe someday I'll actually get her tuned. Scary to think that it could run much better.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Windman, are they ever fast enough? lol
I was hoping on more comments for the Cobra FI2000r or the V&H Fuelpak. I definately don't want to spend a ton of money but on the other hand I don't want buy any junk either.
I've run both PC III and the Cobra FI2000r on my former bike, a 1600 Classic. I liked both units. I couldn't justify spending $300+ again, on another PC III when I got the my '06, V2K LT. I went with the Cobra unit again (Cobra 2 into 1 pipes, K & N air filter). I'm happy with the performance and still get 39 mpg. If you're willing to pay the cost of the PC III and dyno, then you will get the max out of the beast. I just don't feel it's worth the extra cost to gain a few more "ponies".

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I started with the Cobra fuel management but after getting my hands on a good deal for the PCIII I went for it and will never go back.

On the Cobra you can only add fuel and air. The PCIII you can add or subtract and that's what made the difference in performance. Don't waste you money on the V&H fuel pack if available for your bike, the PCIII has many ready to load maps on the web that are very accurate. With the cobra you'll never stop guessing on those settings.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
I did the PCIII on my bike. Bought it on Ebay for about $220, installed myself and put in a map from another forum member. Works great.

I considered the Cobra unit, but it just seemed that tuning it would be a giant PITA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts