Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I really need to relieve some neck pain. After a few hours i'm hurting. I checked a few posts and people are saying that risers will do the trick. I found some on ebay -

eBay Motors: Kawasaki Vulcan Classic Nomad Handlebar Risers 800/1500 (item 110379740835 end time Apr-26-09 19:45:54 PDT)

I dont want to spend 100 bucks or more on risers mainly because i don't have it right now.

How do you know what size to get and does anyone have pictures of some on their vn900 custom without a windshield so i can see what i'm getting into?

Thanks
Ride Safe

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I'm sure someone with a 900 custom will chime in soon, but it looks like those riser extensions are made for the 900 Classic, and bikes with standard risers. I don't know if they will fit your drag bars.

Back when I had a Mean Streak (which had similar bars to your 900 custom) I purchased a set of Gen-Mar risers which really did the job.

Scootworks seems to sell a 900 Custom riser kit for $80.00 It looks similar to the one you have linked to.
Scootworks - Kawasaki Handlebar Risers, PhatRisers, Riser Extensions, & Riser Accessories

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive have not read good things about them. They don't sell the bolts with them, etc.. Did it help you when you put them on the mean streak?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now those look sweet! i didn't think they would look that good! Thanks for the pic!

How far back did it pull it?

·
Michigan Back Road Rider
293 Posts
1-3/4" rise and 1-1/2" of pullback. Not a lot but it makes a big difference in the ride. Any bigger risers would force you to reroute the cables behind the triple tree or get longer cables.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is probably the best help i've gotten so far! Thanks a bunch! I'm gonna get some now! Of course that means i'll blame you if they don't work! hahaha
Just kiddin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts