Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-D I was wondering if anyone would know why my gas tank whistles? Last year it did it a couple times, but since I got back on it this year it is doing it alot. It is very annoying and was even doing it when I was riding. Thanks if anyone could help me out on this.

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Just your motorcycle's way of saying she's happy to see you.;)

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
Mine whistles, too. It's the vapor pressure slowly releasing after you come to a stop, right? Open the gas tank and it should go whoosh and stop whistling.

Not sure if there's supposed to be a valve in the lid for this or not. Anybody know?

·
Warning V2k Onboard
1,585 Posts
This is a very common question, has been asked and answered many times already, a quick search will find lots of threads dealing with it. I don't mean that as a DO A Search!, only that it will find you lots of answers.

But basically it is a normal thing, not a problem.

However if it is the sort of thing that annoys you you can fix it, Here is a link to a fix on Gadget's fix it page.

Hope that helps.

Edit: The fix that I posted my not be relevant to your specific bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much...I will check out the link. It really bothered me when I was riding it the other day and it kept doing it. It is not all the time....but enough to make it annoying. :)

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Don't know if your cap is the same but the 1500 has a spring loaded ball check vent in the fuel cap. Gadget's fix is to cut a couple of turns off the spring. Worked fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I don't know if it is the same or not....I don't know awhole lot about bikes...but love to know more just in case I need to do it myself.

·
Registered
237 Posts
heat from both the sun and engine cause it, by blowing thru a vent. Not hearing is a problem unless you alter it per gadjet.

To stop it instantly for the moment pop the cap and close it again. But as psi builds it will be right back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts