Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you can recommend what i would need to do it on my own like a list of tools/manuels or maybe some internet references.

and a rating on how hard. I was told hardest part is getting body off and tank syncing just takes patients... true/false?

please guid me in the right direction!

ty

·
Registered
169 Posts
its pretty easy... just get access to the carbs... you need a syncro meter tho... somethin that you put up to each carb and tell you when there even... mine is called "syncro test"

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only things that you should need are, sync gages and an auxiliary fuel tank that hangs above your carbs.
you are correct, that the most work is taking all the stuff off and putting it back. Do you have a manual for your bike? That would really help the first time!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I own a carbtuner and highly recommend it to anyone. It's not the cheapest tool in the shed and I could have purchased the el cheapo Motion Pro one, but this one was recommended from a friend and I have not been dissappointed. The cost associated with the tool was simple for me. I work on my own bikes and the tool paid for itself the first time I used it.

Getting back to your original questions - It's easy to sync your carbs and I wish I had done it sooner myself. If you look at the carbtuner site they have pics of acutally doing a sync.

As far as auxillary tank I just got a long fuel line from Kragen auto parts store and used my regular tank. You probably have about an 8" phillips head screwdriver and if not they are available everywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts