Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my bike on this past Sunday, but I have already put 200 miles on it. **** is it fun to ride. But I have also noticed that after I park it and go into someplace, I tend to walk more upright and it seems as if I tend to general needs instead of just idling around. Parhaps it is from the adrenaline? Either way, for about half an hour after riding, I seem much more confident and ready than other times of the day.

How bout yall? Have you noticed that same thing as well?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh yeah! Killing a tank gas is the best way I know to relax and get my brain in order.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I'm with ya, riding to me is intoxicating! C'mon baby, give me my fix

·
Registered
101 Posts
To quote a signature: "Sometimes it takes a full tank to get things right". :wink:

Usually after I've parked my bike in the garage, I seem to immiadately want go ride again. Weird! Luckily I got this restoration project to put my mind into this winter. :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
When I walk away from my bike, I cant help to look at it and say to myself....."I love my bike!!! And I can't believe I have a motorcycle....****, I am cool!!" :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
408 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
When I walk away from my bike, I cant help to look at it and say to myself....."I love my bike!!!
Glad to know it's not just a "guy thing"! :wink:

·
37,387 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
When I walk away from my bike, I cant help to look at it and say to myself....."I love my bike!!! And I can't believe I have a motorcycle....****, I am cool!!" :wink: :wink:
yep, cool it is!

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I LOVE my "attitude adjuster". :)

My favorite T-shirt say's:

"You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a Psychiatrist office".

36 degrees out today with sunshine and an 80 mile ride went by to fast. Possibly tomorrow and I'll do it again. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hear ya DrX512, I can concentrate and focus much better at school on those days that I ride there. I am a third year mechanical engineering student and I love to go for a ride after class to clear my head. I often have revelations and solve problems in my head when I'm out riding. It's one place where the phone doesn't ring, and no one is asking me to do something.
Greg

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I like the looks I get when I ride. Makes me feel proud. :) A lot more women are riding these days, but not as many women ride big cruisers. I've only been out on my 1500 a few times (it snowed yesterday--argh!), but each time I've been out on it I got several double-takes.

·
Registered
837 Posts
yep...free spirited comes to mind after a few hours of riding 8)

·
37,387 Posts
with a full tank, a good road and a bad day I can turn my frown upside down...

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
After a leisurely drive on my bike I feel peaceful, serene and invigorated from the fresh air....I get the things I need done taken care of and I am able to fall asleep that night with a quiet head.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Strictly VN 1600 said:
jukief said:
A lot more women are riding these days, but not as many women ride big cruisers.
I once saw a girl drive a beautiful 1500 Mean Streak. **** she looked good on it!! :D
I am growing hair for a place called "LOCKS OF LOVE" They make wigs for chemo-therapy patients who can't afford to buy them. So...My hair blows in the breeze from under my ff helmet. Many a young guy has looked rapidly away after seeing my grizzled face in the face shield! I guess you never know until you get close-up.

As for after the ride, I tend to ride until I'm pretty much worthless for anything else. That's how I do all my therapy :roll: . That's okay, as long as I get to ride.

Ride safe...God bless!

-Ron

·
Registered
1 Posts
Strictly VN 1600 said:
jukief said:
A lot more women are riding these days, but not as many women ride big cruisers.
I once saw a girl drive a beautiful 1500 Mean Streak. **** she looked good on it!! :D
My wife, "Alex" on this site, Ride a 04 Vulcan 1500 Classic and looks "awesome" on and off it!

Lowered it 3" so she can sit on it flat footed

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I sure am glad that I am 6' so that the larger motorcycles fit me comfortably. Sadly, I dont even have a large motorcycle...although that is likely for the better because if I did then I would put myself in some dangerous situations.

This REALLY sucks right now. Today is BEAUTIFUL!! BEAUTIFUL!!! But the traffic is terrible because of all the immediately-after-thanksgiving-opening-of-the-christmas-shopping-season-sales. I was originally going to go riding with someone today, but since he lives out of town, it requires me to go on the highways in this really bad traffic. It isnt clogged...it is dangerous. People swerve without signalling and never check blind spots.

The commercialization of christmas just ruined my riding time!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Small bikes can be just as much fun to ride as large/medium stuff. A while ago, some kind sensitive soul stole my Suzi RF 600 in the night, the next day - Sunday, after the police had come & gone, I noticed my 99cc 2-stroke Honda sitting at the back of the garage, I thought "At least they've left me something to ride" so I went out for a spin. 100 miles later I got back home, after riding out to the coast and back, and I enjoyed every wonderful mile, seemed to see so much more of the countryside & used about 2/3's less gas, it's up there in my top-5 most enjoyable bike rides. maybe the scum who took my machine indirectly did me a favour?, insurance paid out anyway, and I replaced the Suzi with a 900 Blade! still got the little honda though - like in the beach-boy's song !!!
John

·
Registered
607 Posts
After-ride feeling? Yeah, it's really something.
Especially when you're you've been hiding in a deserted Pizza Hut for the last two and a half hours and strung out on about a gallon of Pepsi-cola because you have to look like a "paying customer" so they don't get wise and ask you to leave or :shock: turn you in. :shock:

Especially when you're praying that those cop cars furiously driving back and forth by the windows will not see your bike parked hastily between the restaurant and dumpster.

Especially when you're not the least bit hungry and the waitress smirks as she looks at your helmet hidden on the floor and asks if you'd like another Pepsi, knowing good-and-well you're hiding in her restaurant from the police which are circling like sharks outside.

Especially when you wait until it gets dark before riding slowly home, fearful that every pair of auto-headlights is a cop-cruiser.

Especially when you get home safely without getting caught, then spend the next two months driving instead of riding, and the rest of your riding career being a model citizen.

Nothing like that "after ride feeling." (I've heard.)
-CCinC

1 - 20 of 28 Posts