Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Crysti and I went out for some riding tonight because she's having issues getting back in to leaning with the turn for some odd reason. She's not sure if it's hesitation after all the new work done or just the new saddle, but she's turning too wide. Well, sure enough, she's concentrating too hard on the turns (to which I said just let the training and couple years of riding take over) and doesn't notice a small gravel patch at the stop light.

So normally a gravel patch isn't a big deal...except we're at a light going down hill. The bike slides forward a bit and she loses grip of the clutch, which is in gear and down she goes! She...was...****ED! But I showed her the bike...nothing...at all. Not even a mark on the freaking chrome of the bars!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Engine guards are great. They've saved my VN from the unwanted attention of careless cagers a couple of times and, like you say, not even a scratch.

If we could just make motorcycles and riding gear out of the stuff they use for engine guards and black-box flight recorders, we'd be indestructible, like Iron Man.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
eeek

good to hear the bars work.

the H&Bs work good too :D (just thought i'd tell you so you won't need to test for yourself)

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, but remind her to look where she wants to be and her hands will follow suit and steer the bike there.
Yeah...I kept giving her pointers, but I think that just got her more flustered. We'll be working on it between now and then. We did a lot more turning just to force her in to it. She's having no problems with the regular turns at speed...it's just the ones where she's coming from a complete stop for some reason. :)

·
Premium Member
4,749 Posts
Back to the parking lot. Any time I've been off for more than a couple of weeks I spend enough time in a parking lot near our house to get comfortable on the stops, starts, turns after stop and emergency stops.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back to the parking lot. Any time I've been off for more than a couple of weeks I spend enough time in a parking lot near our house to get comfortable on the stops, starts, turns after stop and emergency stops.
We can do one better. Fully marked MSF course 3 miles down the road. :)

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Yeah...I kept giving her pointers, but I think that just got her more flustered. We'll be working on it between now and then. We did a lot more turning just to force her in to it. She's having no problems with the regular turns at speed...it's just the ones where she's coming from a complete stop for some reason. :)
Yea, Adam. Giving instructions to your significant other does not work very well. They don't like criticism from us.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, Adam. Giving instructions to your significant other does not work very well. They don't like criticism from us.
Funny, considering I'm working on being an MSF instructor! HA HA!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Cool. Glad no damage to her or the bike. I have the Cobra highway bars on order, they were supposed to be here yesterday, but did not come in :mad:

I also ordered these Optronics mini headlights from JC Whitney to put on my OEM turn signal bar, along with these clamps. These should be here this week also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts