Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems work is requesting I make a trip for Face to Face meetings in St. Louis November 27th ish...

any members close enough to visit?

preliminary plans would be that I fly out Monday morn to be in St. Louis in time for me to find where I have to go, have my meetings on Tuesday and if lucky go home Tuesday but most likely i'll leave Wednesday morning.

if thats the case, I could be free for dinner Monday or Tuesday night?

I really hate company travel but a bright spot of meeting a fellow forum member would make it that much more tollerable

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well CRAP, now they are looking the week OF thanksgiving. can u imagine that, forcing company travel during one of if not THE most busiest travel weeks of the year!

GAWD, calgon take me away!

freak! i hate business travel

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
well CRAP, now they are looking the week OF thanksgiving. can u imagine that, forcing company travel during one of if not THE most busiest travel weeks of the year!

GAWD, calgon take me away!

freak! i hate business travel
I'll be laid up with nothing to do that week.....but ring a bell and get waited on!!!! ;) Sure you can't swing the travel the LONG way around through Maryland?! :lol:

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be laid up with nothing to do that week.....but ring a bell and get waited on!!!! ;) Sure you can't swing the travel the LONG way around through Maryland?! :lol:
I pushed back on the holiday week travel. crikey! wednesday the day before thanksgiving is the number 1 busiest airline travel day of the year AND the one most likely to have massive delays and weather issues. no thanks, not to mention last minute ticket purchases for this week this late would be quite expensive.

as an employee and shareholder, it offends me to spend $1600 on airfare when if you go just a week later it'd be half as much..

now were looking at choice 1 of Dec 4th in St. Louie with a 2nd choice of the turkey week travel.

did I mention I hate business travel?

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
You could probaly rent a car and drive home faster than a plane could carry you that day.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
as soon as they figure out when you are going to be traveling let us know. there are a couple threads in main loby about missouri riders. several in the STL area.

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
take me take me take me

you don't know...

i might have to make a swing on my return to SoCal to make a face to face with other team mates. I might be in the long beach/seal beach area for a day or two as well

·
Registered
915 Posts
Let me know when Spok I'm up there quite often now! Usually weekends but could probably swing a weekday if its close to the weekend lol.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
you don't know...

i might have to make a swing on my return to SoCal to make a face to face with other team mates. I might be in the long beach/seal beach area for a day or two as well
I mean, ya know if you are here, we will be taking you for some wings and beer, and if you want to ride, heck, I'll toss you my keys.

we could set a group ride up.

But St. Louis, I use any excuse to go there

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
I mean, ya know if you are here, we will be taking you for some wings and beer, and if you want to ride, heck, I'll toss you my keys.

we could set a group ride up.

But St. Louis, I use any excuse to go there
That's SO nice!!!!!
I just love all the good people we have on here!!!! :smile:

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Keys? Someone said they would give keys to a bike? I'm there.

Gotta get the bike back together. I'm losing it.....

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spok, keep us updated on when you will be there. If I am not working, dinner is on me.

Curt
I'd be happy to dine with you but i'd insist on letting my company foot my bill. If they are so set on sending me to meet face to face in this age of computer technology, I'm going to spend every bit of my $75 per meal allowance and have a good time with it.

·
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow. I remember the last job I had that paid per diem, it was like $20. not that long ago either.
we get treated well when we travel, they usually put us in pretty nice hotels as well, and they normally have a free breakfast something a ma jig that usually eliminates the cost of a expensive morning meal, normally we are on site and eat in a cafeteria for lunch so, its usually just dinner that we spend the per meal fee on...but i'll make sure i use it up as best i can

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
last time I went to vegas...........the ESPN bar knew the game, we all drank beer and they rang it up as food for us, that way we could submit it

·
Registered
915 Posts
Might be going to St Louis tomorrow for the weekend again, not sure yet but looks like it at this point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts