Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize there are probably a lot of noobs on this site and the 250 is a good beginners bike.

I also realize the 250 can get up there in speeds.

Just seems like there wouldn't be much interest in 250's-----Not dissing anybody-----just curious.

·
Registered
182 Posts
OmahaRider said:
I realize there are probably a lot of noobs on this site and the 250 is a good beginners bike.

Just seems like there wouldn't be much interest in 250's-----Not dissing anybody-----just curious.
That is all some people need. It would almost be the same to ask why are people intrested in Geo's. If it's all they need and it's the right price, then why not be interested in it. Then if you want more and don't want to buy a new bike or don't have a lot of money then you can hop-up what you have.

·
Registered
102 Posts
There are people who would also say "why all the interest in the EX500?" or "why all the interest in the "ZX-6R?".

Like Imposter said, some people don't need any more. And some people always want more than they have.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
That's true, but wanting more than you have isn't a bad thing. Neither is using what you have, or wanting just what you need.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
No one did, But I thought I'd stop anyone rom taking your response in a way that wasn't indended. Just keep things clear :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
ZX-10R Urza said:
No one did, But I thought I'd stop anyone rom taking your response in a way that wasn't indended. Just keep things clear :)
Shrug, it's hard to take a fact the wrong way... But I guess thanks?

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
lol, well some poeple just LOOK for a fight, but that's alright. I was worried about someone searching on google and finding this, then joining just to argue. I know a lot of poepl who have done it ( :oops: ).

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
REAL DEAL

OmahaRider, here's the real deal. We only have 1 real sportbike in the 250 class, one in the dual-sport and thendirtbikes...
The 250's are different in the other countries...check out canada, australia, one of the 250's in Canada called the ZZR-250 has an aluminum frame (ours is tubular steel), has wider 17" wheels (we have narrow16" wheels), they have an awesome fairing and seat cowl, and look at the awesome tailight and turnsignals... ( and ours hasn't changed in over a decade) it has the same advertized clearances, weights, wheelbase, seat height, same motor bore/stroke/hp/torque.......
then there is the kr1s which is basically a racebike...definately not available here where it could be enjoyed...ther e is a ZX-R250...several models just not good enough or whatever for us...we get stuck with the (nasty word) steel tube frame, 16" wheels and something that looks the same for WELL-over a dozen years, without change except for color and decals. We still have the suspension tha thas to be completely removed and adjusted with rings using spanner wrenches to compress the spring, then reinstall it, hopefully with the results that you wanted,,,of course we could CHEAT and go against Kawasaki's recommendations and suggestions an duse a 600 shock that is fully adjustable..........and you want to know why.....then ther eis the fact that the motor hasn't been touched...c'mon! Valves, carbs, airbox, exhaust pipes, rejetting, a real functional fairing, a better oil filter system (spin-on), better plastic, thicker so that you can't just punch it and break it right on the showroom floor, and the same with the turnsignals...the rear fender is a total joke hanging out there like a drag chute, ther is no under rear fender, they are still using incadescent lamps instead of LED's, The handlebars are not adjustable, and there is no optional seat for taller people, rearsets for longer legged people, and the windscreen is to short to be useful unless you are in a full croutched mode at 80 mph, and top end is about 105MPH...so what is all this about...it's about a bike in the US that could be an awesome bike yet is basically unchanged of over a decade and needs to be updated....body, chassis, motor... At least the chasis and body has been changed but not available to us here in the US...

·
Registered
102 Posts
ZX-10R Urza said:
lol, well some poeple just LOOK for a fight, but that's alright. I was worried about someone searching on google and finding this, then joining just to argue. I know a lot of poepl who have done it ( :oops: ).
I was being sarcastic when I said thanks, my response was purposely meant to be vague. Please don't try to put words in my mouth and clarify what I write with your opinion.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
OmahaRider said:

Oh boy here we go.... :roll: :wink: :roll:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Just wondering

Pondering whether or not all teh cusom shocks built for all the H-D Clones...if one might find an airshock-or a pneumatic shock tha tmight fit the 500R...or perhaps the 250R...not trying to hurt you here...just have some fun....probably at my expense...

·
Registered
134 Posts
OmahaRider said:

It is very inexpensive, and you get a lot for that money $3000 new, many used for much less - and it's less likely to overwhelm a novice rider.

·
Registered
456 Posts
tlwisner said:
It is very inexpensive, and you get a lot for that money $3000 new, many used for much less - and it's less likely to overwhelm a novice rider.
Well said. It's all the bike a new rider needs. For some of us, it's probably all the bike we'll ever want. The 250 is great for me. The cost is low enough that I can justify owning a bike and a car. I wouldn't be able to do that with big bike.

There are other small bikes besides the Ninja 250. In the US market, there's the Kawasaki 125 Eliminator, the Honda Rebel, the Yamaha Virago 250, and the Suzuki GZ250. The 125 is about $2,500, and the others are all about $3,000. I just like the Ninja better because it has the sportbike look instead of the cruiser look. Plus it seems to have a lot more get up and go than the others.

There are people who are fanatics about their Subarus or barbeque or UFO's, so why not the Ninja 250?
Curt

·
Registered
182 Posts
Curt said:
There are people who are fanatics about their Subarus or barbeque or UFO's, so why not the Ninja 250?
Curt
Hey what's wrong with Subaru's?! Best car I've ever owned and I've owned most of them. And more importantly what's wrong with BBQ?!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: 500R

ZX-2R said:
NinjaGirl....yeah...lets talk about the Ninja 500R....Is there or have you found a different shock for the bike?
Did'nt know that there was a problem with the current one...?? :?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SHOCK

Although it is set at the FACTORY for the "Average" rider I was wondering if you have had any opportunity to remove adjust and reinstal it...or just left well enough alone... [just conversation, but a valid question for any 500R/250R rider.]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts