Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as a lotta ya know...........i'm "bi". yep have a Kawi and a HD. guys on the HD forum have been jonesing for another "fest" since biketober fest. ive sat here for weeks watching them plan thier own Florida Rally. thye contacted a hotel in Ocala, set up a special rate for the rooms, got a nice conference room to gather in, had t shirts printed and this thing has GROWN!!! my work prevents me from joining in this time around but ill be there for the second one. now why is it we have never tried or thought of this?? i missed out on a ride near Tampa last year (again work) but can remeber nothing since. so?????????too much trouble?time factor?no interest???

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
yep just a few short months before they lose to Oklahoma and The Ohio State Buckeyes slide into the national championship. :D

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
Me and a Friend of mine are planning on a trip to the Smokeys next summer. probably take 2 weeks (maybe 3) off work and ride down and cruise the mountains till we cant find any more roads, lol

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
as a lotta ya know...........i'm "bi". yep have a Kawi and a HD. guys on the HD forum have been jonesing for another "fest" since biketober fest. ive sat here for weeks watching them plan thier own Florida Rally. thye contacted a hotel in Ocala, set up a special rate for the rooms, got a nice conference room to gather in, had t shirts printed and this thing has GROWN!!! my work prevents me from joining in this time around but ill be there for the second one. now why is it we have never tried or thought of this?? i missed out on a ride near Tampa last year (again work) but can remeber nothing since. so?????????too much trouble?time factor?no interest???
There was some effort to try for an adhoc meeting in Mountain View, AR back in July 2006, had a hotel lined up and everything ...but it didn't happen because no one ever actually called to make reservations. There was talk of trying it again in July 2007, but I don't know exactly what became of that. I'm sure a quick search of the Ride Events forum will offer several of these ideas for adhoc get-togethers.

Frankly, I think lots of people are a little gun-shy about attempting to organize these things anymore. Oh, there's always lots of interest a year to 6 months before ...but someone has to man-up when the fateful day comes to find out all of that interest didn't materialize into anything remotely close to actually showing up for the event.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im thinkin maybe keep it regional like these guys have. i mean i can prob make a Florida rally with some advance planning but wouldnt be able to hit ark or miss. its nice if ya can but not many of could. more of a rally by/per state?local or semi local rallys would be more convienent and attract more members/riders i think. MO it could grow to be more but starting small would be ideal in my opinion.

·
Banned
752 Posts
im thinkin maybe keep it regional like these guys have. i mean i can prob make a Florida rally with some advance planning but wouldnt be able to hit ark or miss. its nice if ya can but not many of could. more of a rally by/per state?local or semi local rallys would be more convienent and attract more members/riders i think. MO it could grow to be more but starting small would be ideal in my opinion.
Don't you remember JDPENN started one for Penn. I believe we had gotten up to about 34 people. But when the time came, we still wound up with 23 people. It was a blast and we are all still planning on having a second year as well. We are trying to create our own Red Lodge but on the East Coast. It was only a three day event though. This year I believe we are going to try and make it at least a 4 or 5 day event. The biggest bummer of all was that the Man who orgistrated the whole thing was in the Hospital at the time.:eek: :mad: We posted pics and you can find it in the Rides/Rallies page. It should still be a stickey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts