Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The name of the thread says it all. I'm curious to see why you guys own the bikes you have.. speed? comfort? Sorry if there is another thread out there like this. I tried searching but didn't see anything.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Plain and simple. Strong desire to ride. Price. 3 bikes less than $1500 invested.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Mine was just good deals, got the Honda Shadow 750 dirt cheap, then got the 03 1600 vulcan at a good price. I also was looking for something bigger and the 1600 worked for me. No regrets, Very happy with her.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
i felt it was the best bang for the buck. I had an unfortunate month in May and felt i needed a change. Riding has been a blessing in disguise, it clears my mind and lets me focus on something other than a loss of a loved one.

on the bike note... it was a great value and i cant find many bikes that i like the looks of any better. not to mention as a beginner bike it has been very good to me.

900 custom

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
god you guys need to tell me where you are able to find your bikes for so cheap! I can't seem to find anything that suits what I would want in a starter bike between $1000-$2000.

·
03 ZX-12R
609 Posts
because the 12R was the best looking big bore on the market. I still think the 12R is the best of all Worlds: 1198cc's, 186 stock, doesn't look like a sport-tourer, and you can easily ride 500 miles in a day and not have to see a chiropractor!

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
god you guys need to tell me where you are able to find your bikes for so cheap! I can't seem to find anything that suits what I would want in a starter bike between $1000-$2000.
Just talk with your friends and co-workers and people you meet. Someone has a bike collecting dust. A little patience and the deals appear.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I buy the Cycle Trader every week. The last week of December 06 I see this ad for Hahm Motorsports:
c90ad2.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thinking it's BS, I run on down and they have a Vl1500 for about the same price that I paid for my Vulcan 500!!! I bought the 2006 but they wrote up the price for the 2005 so I got a 06 C90 for $5499 - too good a deal to pass up. Actually, I would have bought any of the street bikes.

·
www.learntoride.org
1,364 Posts
Fit and comfort. I wanted something I could ride all day long so I picked the Vulc500.
I rode a Ninja250 for a while before getting the Vulcan, and was hurting after leaning forward against the tank after thirty minutes.
You gotta know how to negotiate too, to get a good deal. My father volunteered to go to a dealership near his house, in a city three hours away, and negotiate a price, asking a thousand or so less than msrp. From talking to the shop I got my bike from, I already knew they wanted to tack on assembly and shipping charges, which would come to near a thousand over price hanging from the handlebar. I told them I already had another deal waiting for me and I was already going to visit that coming weekend. If they could sell me the bike for the price, out the door, taxes and all, full tank of gas, I'd buy it from them. Otherwise, I was going to hook up a trailer to my truck and bring home a bike from out of town. They sold me the bike for what I said I'd pay. They wanted me to say I'd have the service done at their shop, but that's not in a contract, so my bike's in pieces in my basement awaiting a little more time to get the valve lash checked. With the money saved from not paying someone else to do the 500 mile service, we're buying parts to move the ignition switch to the tank bezel, and are looking into what it would take to put a solo seat, luggage rack, and saddle bags on it.

Watch Craigslist. That's where we found our Gold Wing we bought for $1200.

·
devil in god's country
11,098 Posts
i originally wanted either the ZZR12 or the ZRX.
neither one of them were in my price range or insurance range.
i opted to go with my Z1000.
it has style,comfort and sex appeal. the ability to make it stand out was to easy.
i also like naked things:lol:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i originally wanted either the ZZR12 or the ZRX.
neither one of them were in my price range or insurance range.
i opted to go with my Z1000.
it has style,comfort and sex appeal. the ability to make it stand out was to easy.
i also like naked things:lol:

yeh I love the z1000. That's what I want in the future.

·
Registered
324 Posts
actually, i wanted a Busa. At the time i was riding my harley, but also wanted a sprotbike. A busa was out of my price range and my co-worker was in the market for a new bike. He knew I liked his bike so he offered to sell it to me instead of trading it in. Even though the bike was 5 years old, it still looks like the day he bought it. he knew how to take care of the bike and that's the reason I got it. I know the history of the bike and the owner and the price was great.
I'm actually glad I got the ninja instead of a busa.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Neither of my bikes were my first choice. I bought the Meanie over a Warrior when a smoking deal materialized on a leftover '05. As for the CBR, I originally wanted an 06 ZX636, but I couldn't find any leftovers within 1k miles. The CBR was the most logical choice out of the new supersports..

·
Registered
477 Posts
08 C14.........The best all around Sport Touring bike on the planet!

ZX14........... Wow factor! Tons of power and great handling. Comfortable all day long.

Raven Edition R1... One sexy, nimble bike!

·
PColaFl V2K LT
3,224 Posts
Looked at Harley, Star, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki. Narrowed down to Harley, Star, Kawasaki. Then narrowed to Nomad, 1600 Custom. Then I saw the V2K. Kept wanting to go back to the Nomad buit the V2K kept haunting me. She said, "Look at me, now...have a seat" It came over me like a slow rolling wave, as I gazed at her. That feeling... that tremendous feeling. I forgot all the others.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
I wanted a bagger and the Nomad is the best bagger on the planet -especially considering the price.

·
RDY2GO!
343 Posts
The dirt bikes, two Cannondales and a Kaw KX250 were shop sponsored rides. Got them for a song and had race support behind them.

The Nomad, well... We had a '94 Magna that was just too small for the two of us to really enjoy riding together. I had riden 'Wings and Nomad's that had been traded in and loved them both. To be honest I really wanted a 'Wing, but it was a bit too pricey.

I spec'd out the Nomad with simular creature comforts as most 'Wings and it was still in the affordable range. My co-workers started calling it a "No-Wing" when we began to dress it out. :lol:

The icing on the cake was at the time Kawasaki was offering a zero down, zero payments and zero interest for 12 months on the bike. I signed up for that, financed the entire amount in the deal, then over the next year made some financial decisions and changes that allowed me to aquire over half the money needed and then put the balance on a very low interest loan that didn't require the lender to hold the title.

Win, win, win. What decision?

As a side note, at this point I don't think I'd swap even up for a 'Wing. 8)

Bruce

1 - 20 of 44 Posts