Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to share this little Gem with ya.

Customer came in complaining his turn signal had quit on the back end about a year ago, I'd forgot and found the pics whilst trawling through my Hard Drive.

Seems he parked it up whilst busy away at work and some pesky varmit had lunch at his expense :)

New loom sorted it but customer appears to dislike four legged furry critters now :evil: :evil:

I am supprised how resiliant their teeth must be to devour wiring :eek:

And before you ask i removed the Battery...They didn't eat it ;)

-------------------------------------------------

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Ill bet that little varmint has a bad case of constipation:eek:Spring is approaching and they'll be frantically building nests in air boxes and exhaust pipes. You have a couple of options though,provide food and housing for the little beggars or invest in traps and perhaps a cat to stand guard in the garage at night.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
It's not that their teeth are so resilient. Mice, rats, squirrels, and other members of the rodent family have a unique genetic trait. Their teeth continue to grow for their entire lifespan. If they don't gnaw on things to keep them worn down, the teeth would grow right through their skulls. Since I'm allergic to cats, I prefer to use traps and Decon. Their are other poisons available but Decon dehydrates their little hairy bodies so that when they die, their is little to no odor as they decay. Most times it takes a while to find the rotting corpses so this is a big + in my book.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
I've understood that moth balls will act like a repellant for mice. I know it works on cats. A short story:

Many years ago(20) I used to live in an apartment in San Diego Calif. I'd park my bike downstairs and keep an eye on it. I had a good cover to prevent prying eyes.

The local housing area had quite a bunch of cats, now male cats spray urine to mark their territory(especially around the mating season which in Calif. is almost year around).

I'd hear the yowling and screeching at all hours and thought nothing of it, til one morning I uncovered the bike,pushed it across the street(keeps the noise to a minimum this way)and fired it up.

There's quite nothing like hot cat pee in the morning to open one's sinus's up!! The cats had sprayed my Kerker 4 into 1 at the collector, so as it came up to operating temperature, the urine started to boil off. Man, it still brings chills thinking about it!

That afternoon, I got a quantity of moth balls and spread them around the parking area, I never had a cat spray my exhaust again!

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Ya animals get chewing, and the damage is big.
I have fixed all sorts of stuff for customers that has been chewed to.
And my own ford F150 truck got damaged badly years ago by a porcupine when it was parked in a small parking lot on the roadside at a remote trail head.
Chewed the lower rad hose to pieces.
I had to walk out with my then GF to the main road to finally hitch hike into town.
Thats an unpleasant discovery when it means a 38 km walk to the main road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.