Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
In doing my search for a possible GPS for wife (car) and me (motorcycle and car). I see lots of deals on the auto GPS. I am just curious as to why no one has deals on motorcycle gps with the holidays?

Flanman

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's a nitch market so few waterproof/weatherproof units will be sold and few stores will even carry them. Those that do know they got you by the short hairs. You gotta pay to play.

·
Eliminating all others
917 Posts
plenty of Garmin and Magellan < on sale in The north west. I dont think a GPS knows whether or not its for a Car,Motorcycle, or a hiker....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I picked up the Nuvi 650 due to good reviews, long battery life and small size. I will just pick up a motorcycle mount for it for another 30 bucks or so.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a follow-up.. I made a mistake on the Garmin Nuvi 650. If you plan on using it for motorcycle trips don't get it. You CAN NOT setup your own routes with this unit. It will always choose the fastest (Highways, etc) route, which most people out cruising try to avoid. My search continues.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Hi all,
In doing my search for a possible GPS for wife (car) and me (motorcycle and car). I see lots of deals on the auto GPS. I am just curious as to why no one has deals on motorcycle gps with the holidays?

Flanman
go to pricegrabber. about as cheap as any place

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'm toying with the idea of getting a Garmin or TomTom2 for my bike. anybody ever do a review on these?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
I'm toying with the idea of getting a Garmin or TomTom2 for my bike. anybody ever do a review on these?
Which Garmin?

I have a Quest, and it works great. It is nice and small (has it's own rechargeable battery, s oyou can pocket it and use it on foot) It's waterproof (tested on the Oregon/Washington coast) and seems to get us where we need to go.
The Garmin mapping software is awesome, and easy to use as well.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The Magellan RoadMate 2200 T is a great unit. I use it in my truck and on all my bikes. It does everything you could want, has MP3 player and is in 2D or 3D. I got mine at Overstock.com Oh yeah, they are waterproof with touch screen.

It listed for $700 to $800 and I believe I paid right around $200 shipped to my door. Hop on their website and check them out. They have all brands and the best prices period.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts