Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a wide tire conversion on my 800. I saw this Vulcan on another site, in Denmark, that had a nice look to it. Not knowing the language... I was unable to get any information.

Any ideas?

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Welcome to the forum Blue. I'm not going to be any help with your question, but there are lots of guys/gals on here that can give you the info you need.

Nice looking bike you got there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum Blue. I'm not going to be any help with your question, but there are lots of guys/gals on here that can give you the info you need.

Nice looking bike you got there.
Thanks for the welcome.

That's not my bike... I wish it were. I like the way that 800 looks. I'd like to convert mine to a 200 MM tire and rim.

·
Registered
654 Posts
So far we've only found the kit in Germany, but will cost you an arm and leg to ship your swing-arm and have it done. I am currently trying to get a meeting with a local customizer of mine to see if he can do it and how wide we can go. I would love 240, but will settle for 200. Look at my calling all 800 owners post. I think its slipped to page 3 or 4.

·
Registered
654 Posts
has anyone tryed britt?
Trying to get an appointment as we speak. I'm thinking of just going down to wilmington and seeing if he'll see me. The Jacksonville store is primarily sport bikes. I'm gonn really press for a 230/240 rear. From the looks, you can get a 200 out of scootworks with no mods, just the wheel. 180 if you use thier belt drive conversion. They have also done a Harley rear wheel with a disc conversion. I think that a 240 is doable. Don't know how deep pockets will have to be, but hopefully something that someone will try to produce for the masses. Hopefully, Scott (Britt) will give this a go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts