Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx.

You seem to know quite a bit of knowledge on these bikes. Do you regret doing the stuff you have done to yours? I am getting mine in a few days brand new.

I will leave it stock for a while and see how I like it.

From stock to what you have done was the mods worth it?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I think its worth it to me, but thats just because I'm planning on keeping the bike a few more years now, compared to wanted something 'sportier' before I started modding. I've spent a lot of money, but at the same time I've gotten a lot of stuff of ebay really cheap and don't all the work myself.

And as far as I have seen I've got the 2nd most modded street 500R in the world. I've only seen 1 other modded more than mine, and that guy was insane. :twisted:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
psycho messiah said:
what mods do you got on it?
Clip-ons (unknown brand)
Rearsets (woodcraft)
Full fairing bottom
Shortened dogbones
Pirelli Diablos front and rear
Shaved seat
Jardine header and midpipe
V&H SSR2 Carbon fiber can (for a buell, I made it work)
K&N Air pods
Stage 3 rejetting
Fender eliminator kit
Custom paint job ('96 mustang metallic silver w/ extra metallic and blue pearl sprayed on top)

I've got a ignition advancer in the garage, I just havn't taken the time to install it.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
thats quite a list. how does the diablos feel? arent they like triangular so when you lean you get a bigger contact patch?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
psycho messiah said:
thats quite a list. how does the diablos feel? arent they like triangular so when you lean you get a bigger contact patch?
They feel great, compared to the sport-touring choices these things are the best.

Triangular? no, but they are supersport tires, so they look like it too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts