Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i was out for a ride on Palomar Mtn in san diego and i went up and down the mountain 5times. all 5 times as i reached the top my bike stalled out. Then on the ride home i had to brake really hard on 2 seperate occasions and both times i did that the bike stalled out. This morning it seems to be idling a little rough, but when i got going everything seems ok.

its only stalled out 1 other time before and that at the track and that was under heavy braking also.

I'm riding on 06 zx6r and am definitely behind on the maintenance schedule. I was considering cleaning out my air filter, changing my spark plugs and wanted to change my fuel filter (but i can't seem to find one).

looking for anything else u guys can think of that i should try.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
might be a dumb question, but did you check the idle? ive known of more than a few bikes that will die when shifting, hard braking, etc and its nothing more than a low idle. my 08 was actually getting a little like that and i knew it was time to raise the idle and after i fully warmed it up it indeed was a bit low. raised it to where it was supposed to be and all is well.

and if youre behind on maintenance then yes, get those things done. youd be amazed at how much a clogged air filter and bad plugs will mess up a smooth engine!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya.. i thought about adjusting the idle... I'm just not all that mechanically inclined, so i'm just seeking advice like yours before i really start messing around with anything. the stuff i listed is pretty basic and i know i can do. Any engine work though i'd have to bring it to a dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts