Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you will remember my wife taking her begginers MSF course in 2008 and then having an accident shortly after. I was afraid she might not ride again after shattering her ankle. She did great in the class and for a couple of days after we bought her bike. Unfortunately, it took two surgeries, a lot of metal, and 5 months to get her back on her feet.
After I bought my 900 and she rode with me a little while longer, she worked up the nerve to get on her own. It was about 9 months before she went for a ride.

4000 miles later she took the intermediate MSF course and passed with flying colors! She went to the DMV today and got her endorsement though!

:p:smile::smile::smile::p

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
awesome and congrats for both of you

·
The little guy said it.
17,962 Posts
Sweet! Tell her congrats for us!

·
Rolling with the big dogs
1,019 Posts
Yeah...women riders rule! :mrgreen:

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey congrats! Is she gonna get on the site now as MSgofasa?:mrgreen:
LOL
If Kawi made a bike that fit her at all, she probably would. Unfortunately the only bikes they make she can ride are the 125 and the 500. She wants to step up to something bigger. The 900 is out of the question. She is looking at the Honda Shadow Phantom right now though. Maybe I can talk her into getting on here anyway since she spends so much time on the back of my bike! lol

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Congrats to her! Riding is a lot more fun for me when Crysti is sharing the lane. :)

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
many congratulations to her!!!

pics or it didn't happen...

:worthless:

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
LOL
If Kawi made a bike that fit her at all, she probably would. Unfortunately the only bikes they make she can ride are the 125 and the 500. She wants to step up to something bigger. The 900 is out of the question. She is looking at the Honda Shadow Phantom right now though. Maybe I can talk her into getting on here anyway since she spends so much time on the back of my bike! lol
What size is the Phantom?
There's the Shadow Spirit 750 or the Shadow 600 too...

or *gasp* the HD 883?

what kind of bike does she want?

(i only put the 'she' in bold, as there's a whole world of bikes out there so she doesn't have to be restricted to just a cruiser because you have one...)

·
Registered
499 Posts
LOL
Hey last I checked we're pretty tolerant here of other brands. Having her on here can only class the place up a little right?

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Make suer you are both wearing your gear

·
'09 Vulcan 900 Custom
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We both always wear our gear lol.

She wants the Honda Phantom really. It is a 750. The only reason for the phantom is it is fuel injected. The bike is built on a smaller frame than any other cruiser. She is short (5'0") and has short legs and arms. The 900 makes her look like Lilly Tomlin (name?) in the huge rocking chair on SNL. The 883 was actually a suggestion I made and she laughed at. I have found a few other machines that I thought she might like, but she doesn't want anything as big as a 1200+cc machine. I think she could ride about any of the Honda's now with their low seat height. I also think she might like the Victory, but I haven't had an opportunity for her to sit on one. I know she can't ride any of the Kawi's though. Either too tall or too wide (900 is WAY too wide).

Anybody got any other suggestions for her? The sportster is narrow and smaller, but she isn't going to ride a Harley at gunpoint lol. The Shadow is a good bike and I don't have a problem buying her that if it is what she wants. She really wants the spirit, but wants FI so we may wait another year to see if they come out with that. If not, we are talking about buying the phantom and changing the handlebars.

What sort of pics you guys want? Her on the bike? Her license? I can get anything and I already have quite a few. Going to the PKWY sunday. Maybe a pic of both of us riding by?????

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
What sort of pics you guys want? Her on the bike? Her license? I can get anything and I already have quite a few. Going to the PKWY sunday. Maybe a pic of both of us riding by?????
way way way wrong question for this crowd!

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Way cool! It's really great she has overcome the mental part of such an early accident. I remember you posting about it back when. Gratz to her!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
The Shadow's are great bikes. My Wife's first was a Shadow 600 and she loved it. I'd stick with the 750 though, the physical size is almost the same though the 600 was a little underpowered (and only a 4 speed). Of course that didn't stop her from riding her Shadow 600 all the way down the Pacific Coast to San Fransisco and back again.....only months after getting her license.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
Congrats. The Shadows have proven to be reliable machines. Only downside I know of is there seems to be limited aftermarket stuff available, but this could also be a good thing.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
The Hyosung is an awesome machine for the money...the EXs went three years with zero problems, 72 hp belt drive triple disk brakes and 2 yr warr for 6199

They just came out with a 700 that looks really nice

1 - 20 of 22 Posts