Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting a pair but not sure if it voids my warrenty or not..

·
Registered
39 Posts
If bike warranties are like the ones for cars, then no.

On cars, it will void the part (obviously cuz you are replacing it) and any damage that they can PROVE was caused by the part will not be covered.

Taht is why turbos and such void so many car warranties, the HIGH probability that is was done improperly and something will break.

Back to your question though, it should not void anything but the mufflers. Even the rest of the exhaust should still be covered.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Nope, Unless Kawasaki can prove that the exhaust caused the problem...not likely...

·
Registered
412 Posts
Besides, I just put some on my 04, and they take less them 20 min to change. If you have a problem and are worried, just put the stock back on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As everyone who owns a ex500 has probably found out...there is only one place you can get slipons for the ex 500 and only 3-4 full systems out there...WELL LISTEN UP!!! I'm getting together with the owner of D & D Exhaust and they are going to design, dyno, and fit slip-ons and a full system for my 2006 Ninja 500R (EX500)... If everything goes well, then they will produce these pipes to add to they're catalog of custom exhaust setups...I would like some feedback from everyone on this...I'll be adding info as design and performance information is gathered and produced...NOW LETS HEAR SOME REPLIES!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
the people at the shop told me that just a slip-on wont void a warrenty. But that when you change engine internals and stuff like that, that voids it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Every dealer I have been to has a whole wall dedicated to mufflers. So they shouldnt have a problem with warranteeing it.

If you buy it online, just have them install it. They wont warrantee the muffler, but they will warrantee the installation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts