Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are in the middle of this Pacific storm going through drive your cage to work. Steady winds at 45MPH with gusts to 75MPH are currrently going through my area.

If you are up in the Sierras, stay home. Wind is running 100MPH to 140MPH on the peaks. Personally I am curled up in bed with the wife and the cat and not going anywhere.

Be safe out there if you are.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is SO not fair...I had to brave the flying trees and trash cans in Sacramento to come in to work...lucky you!!! My bed, with a mug of cocoa...looked very inviting when I left this morning! It IS a mess out there...stay in bed if you can, like Dave!!!

Jei

·
lock up your daughters
1,114 Posts
I work out in Rancho Cordova, but live in Elk Grove.

It aint that bad, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, bounced between north west Oregeon and South West Washington, and I can tell this is a mile storm...

I've seen some so bad that the wind pushes park vehicles away. The wind here hasn't blown over my fence yet, which I wouldn't I need to tear down and replace anyway and for some odd reason I'm not very self motivated to do that. (could be becuase that work sucks... maybe).

Stay safe.

·
Registered
624 Posts
If you are in the middle of this Pacific storm going through drive your cage to work. Steady winds at 45MPH with gusts to 75MPH are currrently going through my area.

If you are up in the Sierras, stay home. Wind is running 100MPH to 140MPH on the peaks. Personally I am curled up in bed with the wife and the cat and not going anywhere.
Be safe out there if you are.
Say crazydave, doesn't sound like you're so crazy after all!;)

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Sure wish you guys on the west side of the Sierras would stop send all this garbage over the hill. Had 80 mph gusts yesterday, down to 60 at the moment, and a whole years worth of rain today. Gonna be snow later.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm sitting at my desk in a highrise which is getting shaken from all this wind. I lost some patio furniture last night & my HD Direct TV dish and four sections of fence this morning. I was planning on going to see Social Distortion tomorrow in San Francisco but decided I'm going to be too tired to mess with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep, I lost half of my gate on my driveway, and patio furniture is all over yard! Fun weekend plans, if it clears up!

Jei

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Sure wish you guys on the west side of the Sierras would stop send all this garbage over the hill. Had 80 mph gusts yesterday, down to 60 at the moment, and a whole years worth of rain today. Gonna be snow later.
Look at it this way.... the wind is carrying all of the plastic Wal-Mart bags and ciggy butts over you and into Utah :biggrin:

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Look at it this way.... the wind is carrying all of the plastic Wal-Mart bags and ciggy butts over you and into Utah :biggrin:
I suspect those bags I saw overhead this morning are close to Tina's place by now :biggrin:

It is dumping snow at the moment and it is coming down so hard that the satelite system can't get a signal through it. As fast as I go out and sweep it clean it is covered in just a few moments.:icon_frow

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
It is dumping snow at the moment and it is coming down so hard that the satelite system can't get a signal through it. As fast as I go out and sweep it clean it is covered in just a few moments.:icon_frow
A friend of mine used to work at one of the radio telescope installations in the midwest.

For snow, they would stow the dishes pointed toward the horizon, but they still had problems with the weight from snow buildup.

Their solution? They whacked tennis balls from the shelter of the shack into the reflector... set up just enough vibration to drop the snow.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Thanks, Rich, but I can reach the dish. There is so much snow coming down I would have to stay out there constantly to keep it off the dish. Just going to plug some movies in and be done with it for the night.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Wow, Ken. That sounds crazy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by the time it gets to us it's died down a bit. If the mountains get a lot of snow, that's good. But I sure don't want it down here where we live.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
On the news tonight the town of Walla Walla Washington was hit hard by 80 mph winds. As the camera man scanned the area there was hardly a tree standing. Alot of homes had tress fallen on them as well as vehicles smashed. I belive they declared the town a disaster area. Anyone with their eyes open could easily see that from what was shown. Poor people are still without power many hours later. Here we had little wind at all.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Wow, Ken. That sounds crazy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that by the time it gets to us it's died down a bit. If the mountains get a lot of snow, that's good. But I sure don't want it down here where we live.
Its been crazy, Julie. It is actually calm as I type this, eye of the storm type deal. You should be getting this storm by daylight and I hope it has simmerd down some. Lots of trees blown over and localized flooding from the days rain. Stay safe!

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
On the news tonight the town of Walla Walla Washington was hit hard by 80 mph winds. As the camera man scanned the area there was hardly a tree standing. Alot of homes had tress fallen on them as well as vehicles smashed. I belive they declared the town a disaster area. Anyone with their eyes open could easily see that from what was shown. Poor people are still without power many hours later. Here we had little wind at all.
I feel for those people, Cary. Lucky for us we had this trailer facing into the wind and it was still one heck of a ride today. That old saying of "if this trailers rocking, don't bother knocking" was really true, but only due to the wind :biggrin:

I do have the snow plow hooked up to the quad so I am ready for the task in the morning.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well over here in Georgia it's a bit cold, not really any wind... I think I'll stay in bed anyway. Sounds like a good plan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts