Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a windshield for my 1996 Vulcan 1500. I got this bike used and it came with an old scraped-up wind shield which I didn't put on at first. I decided to try it one weekend and what a difference it made! I would like to get a new windshield but my concern is the speedometer just above the headlight and my highway lights, (an added on part). The previous owner modified his windshield by cutting out a semi-circle around the speedometer and slightly bending back the bottom, (with a heat gun?), for the highway lights to fit the bike. Has any one found a windshield that fits the VN1500 that requires little or no modification?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the OEM one. I don't like the look of it. The one I currently have looks like one off of a Harley cop bike. I would like to get one similar to that.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i don't think national makes one for that year but those look like
police screens -

·
Registered
2,564 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phatboy said:
I love my Rifle windsheild. Looked up your bike on their webpage. They say their's is the only one made with the hole for the stock speedo. Mine fit the OEM lightbar too.

http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdet...&CATID=8&Product=Classic_Windshield_(VN1500A)
Height from 17" to whatever- just get one that comes up to your nose so you can still see over.

Phatboy
That looks perfect! Thanks! It's a little steep at $279 but I won't have to modify anything, (I don't know about fitting my lightbar. I don't think it is OEM.) Thanks again Phatboy! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts