Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be putting a new windshield on my 900. I'm kinda leaning toward the memphis shades shield. I like the idea of having a quick detachable shield but I was wondering if it is worth the extra money. I have seen other shields that are sheaper but do not just pop off. What's the experiece you have had with shields? Is it worth the extra money?

·
Hoosier Vet
383 Posts
Kaw shield

I have the Kaw shield on my 900 classic. To make it sort of quick change, I cut slots in the mounting brackets and now all I have to do is loosen the 4 mounting bolts, and slide the shield off.Got the idea from Gadgets website.

·
Enjoying Warmer Weather
340 Posts
I bought memphis fats 19" and quick release hardware for $237 from motorcycleonlinestore.com

1 MEM3710 Memphis Shades Fats 19" Clear 142.95
1 2321-0036 Memphis Hardware Kit vul900 94.95

I had no problems and it arrived quick. I have an '06 900 classic. The dealer was going to charge me over 300! I think it is a great windsheild and Memphis Shades has a good reputation. I wouldn't go cheap on the windsheild. The thought of it breaking made me cough up the extra 50-75 bucks. It adjusts up and down, back and forth.

·
Registered
711 Posts
This is just the type of information I have been looking for. I spent this afternoon looking at the memphis shades website and was trying to figure out the part numbers etc for a 19" shield..

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Turtle what is gadget website that you found your info from?

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have the 19" a Memphis Shades quirk release as well on my 900 Classic. Haven't had to much ride time with it but it does seem to do a nice of diverting the wind. Very simple install just follow the instructions.

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
I bought memphis fats 19" and quick release hardware for $237 from motorcycleonlinestore.com

1 MEM3710 Memphis Shades Fats 19" Clear 142.95
1 2321-0036 Memphis Hardware Kit vul900 94.95
I take it there was no relocating of the turn signals for installing that shade? I was just on the Memphis site and it mentions that relocating that hardware is sometimes necessary and that a separate kit is required. I'm looking at the 17" myself.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got the Low Boy from National Cycle with the standard hardware, no quick release. It only takes me about 5 minutes to put on and take off. I thought about the quick release but didn't think the extra cost was worth it. It is only five minutes after all. Most of the time it stays off until I go on a cross country trip so it's no big deal to me. I like the idea of slotting it to make it quicker though. Just my 0.02.

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. I should be ordering my stuff this Tues. 8) Seat is next. :biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts