4,352 Posts
re

don't know how tall the you have is but sometimes just tilting them
more upright a 1/4" inch or so will make the difference-it don't take much

i would think you need at least a 17" tall one for full coverage :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was able to get a brand new one off ebay for $82 and that included the brackets and all!
From what I'm hearing on this forum it sounds like I'm gonna need to cut 'er down a bit though. I'm still playing around with where to cut it down to though & the shape also.
There've been great suggestions on this forum on how to to that too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
500 Windshield

A 'shield really helps on the 500. You can fine-tune it for height and angle to get the best effect. I have a Memphis shade 17 incher, fastens on the 'bars - easy on, easy off. Price was right - $150 or so.

Ride on!

Rick

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the 17" Fire and Steel version for my 800a. Like the streamlined looks of it better than most on the market. I'm 6' with 32" inseam as well and the 17" is about perfect as far as vision is concerned, I'm just tall enough to see over it perfectly with the factory seat. But, buffeting is a problem and windy days just make it worse. It's nice and calm up to about 50 mph, but much more than that and you start to feel like a bobble head doll. woth my full face helmet and the sheild up, it is minimzed a bit and it seems to work ok on my open face helmet with just a shield. I wear prescription glasses and until I get some presc. goggle, I have to have something in front of my eyes for anything over 50 mph.
I may take it off and go with out to compare. It does keep the bugs off your chest and face/helmet though, a big plus in these parts at night.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
You guys need a set of lowers. I have the Memphis shades lowers on my 800 and they do a good job with the buffeting. When I had my 500, I made a set out of plexiglass, worked fine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have the Memphis shades **** Cat that I really like. But I am five foot 10. Cheap to buy,150 new, and is a handlebar mount so it will go from bike to bike, with no need to buy new mounting hardware. But it will not give the same wind protection as a Memphis shades Fat. But it works great for my needs. I only use my shield for cold weather and longer rides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts