Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How should i put this eliquently. Spray sucks.
5 times on my way into work..i was treated to a free shower. Thank goodness it was on secondary roads and the speeds were 20mph-30mph. Can't imagine this on the highway.

Suresh

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
suresh said:
How should i put this eliquently. Spray sucks.
5 times on my way into work..i was treated to a free shower. Thank goodness it was on secondary roads and the speeds were 20mph-30mph. Can't imagine this on the highway.

Suresh
Yes that does suck, I have experinced that too! Also cigarette butts being thrown out the window...uh duh...hello...I am behind you!!! :x

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Last week, coming home from work, I was treated to a teenager emptying (throwing) his Slurpee out the window while stopped at a red light. I just barely missed the shower, pulled up alongside, raised my shield, and told him he got lucky. He quickly closed his window and prayed for the light to turn green quickly. It didn't and I idled alongside the car with a looks-could-kill glare. :evil:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
thankfully, I've never been sprayed or had debris tossed infront of me. Its like everyting else I'm afraid and sooner or later I'll have an experience of my own

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
People don't realize how much damage things they throw out the window can cause a person on a bike.

On Wednesday, I had a truck pass by me ( I was going west, the truck was going east) that had junk cars on it. I got nailed in the leg and chest by some nuts and bolts that were flying off of the back of the truck. Hurt almost as bad as getting nailed with a paintball from 15 feet :lol:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
rlovrin1 said:
On Wednesday, I had a truck pass by me ( I was going west, the truck was going east) that had junk cars on it. I got nailed in the leg and chest by some nuts and bolts that were flying off of the back of the truck. Hurt almost as bad as getting nailed with a paintball from 15 feet :lol:
to clarify...is that a paintball at 15 feet on a cold day or a warm day...cause that makes a difference too... :lol:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
And is it an Angel, or some cheapo from KMart? :lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
Yes that does suck, I have experinced that too! Also cigarette butts being thrown out the window...uh duh...hello...I am behind you!!! :x
Heh, had that happen to me today... I reasoned that if projectiles were being tossed at me I should get out of the way. So I passed the car, which was friendly enough to honk at me as I went by... :roll:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
VHS TAPE

That is what VHS tape is good for. Roll some small 30' pieces from home and it instantly fills the air when you toss it over your shoulder...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Re: VHS TAPE

ZX-2R said:
That is what VHS tape is good for. Roll some small 30' pieces from home and it instantly fills the air when you toss it over your shoulder...
I'm not following, what is it good for? You mean tossing it at the offenders windshield? If so, I think I'll pass on stooping to their level.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
LEVEL

IF you ever get hit by an offensive fire/cancerstick, or beer can, then I think it is not on the same level of a playing field. Having 4 wheels instead of two, a windshield, etc is definately on the same level. It gets personal when you nearly get killed... Once you pass the vehicle and are still gaining speed then you toss the tape over our shoulder...it just fills the air with harmless tape, and makes an impression without hurting anyone/anything.

·
Registered
837 Posts
bug are real bad down here right now...seems people dont wash that crap off thier windshields untill they stop at lights ..gotten sprayed more than ever the last month or so...the ones with just water not so bad..its the ones with that blue and that green stuff sprayin at you that really sucks..

·
Registered
15 Posts
i didn't now what you meant by spray at first until i read bud8's post. Havent been sprayed but yesterday i was out and i felt 2 bugs hit me in the neck i put my hand up to swipe them away and they stung the crap out of me. :shock: I don't know what the hell it was i didn't get a look but today my neck is all red and i have bumps around it. dat chit hurt man

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Sorry but I don't remember where I read this.

A sportbike rider had a two liter bottle of Coke strapped to his rear seat and from the heat and vibration it exploded the top off which hit the riders back and then the bottle took off like a missile hitting the following car.

So it's not always the cars attacking the bikes sometimes it's the other way around.

Wonder if this is the inspiration for the new two liter Vulcan ?.

·
Registered
380 Posts
LOL, that would make one wicked retalitory attack :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts