Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm missing my bike so terribly, I've reduced myself to watching youtube videos of riders on 250s. :frown: I know, I know... I'm torturing myself. And Bret is having an easier time dealing with the winter blues on his snowmobile. He was itching to take the sled out Sunday, but knew I would probably tie him up and lock him in the closet should he even suggest leaving me at home, during a snowfall, with four children inside while he went snowmobiling. So he smartly suggested "we" take the kids snowmobiling. The kids of course were insane with excitement.

getting the sled ready...

the kids running to the jeep while Daddy towed the sled...

unloading...

and the adventure begins!!!!! :biggrin:

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

letting hannah drive...

the kids had a blast... it was exhausting! lol

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Looked like lots of fun!!

Now get out there and clear those stairs off before someone breaks their azz. :biggrin:

(I did the same thing when my bike was in the shop - torture myself with youtube vids of people riding 675's). :frown:

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was slacking that day, I'll admit, on keeping the stairs cleared. The first snowfall of the season was a heavy one, and I shoveled off our entire deck (a large one) plus both sets of stairs off the deck, the driveway, and around the storage area. The next day my back and right arm were so sore, I ended up at urgent care thinking I had broken something. And I have a high pain tolerance! Turns out I just tore a few muscle fibers, but WOW! did it hurt!

After that, the only time I could shovel was when Bret wasn't home, otherwise, I'd have to endure one of his knowing looks and a lecture... (I shoveled the deck again Sunday evening though, hehehehehhe!)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Why are YOU doing the shoveling with your knee problems????:mad:

There are 4 sets of idle feet and hands in the house - kick them out until the deck, stairs, and path are clear!!

Then load them up on hot chocolate and PB cookies when they come inside. :biggrin:

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aw, Chris, you do care! lol
I actually enjoy shoveling, so don't go jumping down Bret's throat just yet ;) I like manual work, and shoveling, yardwork etc. fall under that enjoyment. Just wish my body would let me do the things I wanna do without punishing me so severely sometimes.

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Their definition of shoveling is a little different than mine... one of the girls did in fact attempt to shovel, and pushed all the snow from the deck down onto the stairs.... then they quickly realized they could "sled" down the stairs... ugh lol

·
KawiLove
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's great! We're still very close to the ocean - can hear the water on stormy days - got the harbor right next door and the beachside of the ocean less than 2 miles up the road. It'll suck trying to get around town come tourist season since we're still right in the thick of everything, but the house itself is far enough from the road that the kids can play in the fenced-in yard without constant supervision.

Bret finally was able to take his sled out of his brother's yard and trailer it to our home, so he's happy. He can ride is whenever he wants now. Our neighbor was whipping cookies in his own yard on his sled, and Bret was like a little kid watching him, ready to say, "Can I Mommy? Please!" But I told him no... our yard is not big enough for that, and he's liable to run over one of the kiddos. lol Yes, he did sulk. But we've got some decent size fields close by, so he can take it out there.

Spring is gonna hurt like hell. We're now living on one of our bike routes, and I no longer have a bike... and if things keep going the way they've been... money won't be accessible for a bike payment anytime soon. It's a disgustingly depressing thought. But I'm dealing with it.

The kiddos LOVE the freedom the backyard gives them. They absolutely love being able to say, "Can we go outside?" and have the answer be "yes" nearly every time. It's also nice for Bret and me. Two huge bay windows overlook the yard - one in the kitchen and one in the living room - so we can constantly supervise without them being aware.

Got our first electric bill, and I thought I was going to find Bret in a corner in the fetal position, rocking back and forth. He nearly flipped his nut. It wasn't all that bad when comparing it to other people, but now he's become a light nazi. lol

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
It's great! We're still very close to the ocean - can hear the water on stormy days - got the harbor right next door and the beachside of the ocean less than 2 miles up the road.
You off of Harbor Rd in Wells or Drakes Island??

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Ahh ok When mentioned next to Harbor I figured that was the only locations near the harbor in Wells.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts