Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a few days of high 50's and 60's New England showed us again that she is in control. So much for the few days of riding we were able to get in.

Now are you Fla and Ca. people jealous. LOL

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
OOOHHHHH, isn't it purty?!

Before you beat me, I grew up in MI, and I hate snow with a passion! Here it's just cold all winter, no snow. At least you have something to play/complain about!

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I didn't have to work in it (drive) I would enjoy the snow more. I think doing Truck Sking stinks. LOL

I think some of our fellow truckers on here agree. But yer right it is purty to look at.

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
I love the snow.... too bad every supposed snowstorm to hit NJ thusfar has been just rain. We were supposed to get 3-5 inches over night but got nada, not even a dusting.

·
Registered
152 Posts
looks like my house. where in western ma are you? im in amherst/springfield.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like my house. where in western ma are you? im in amherst/springfield.
West Springfield
The highway is rt. 57 in Agawam just by rt. 5, The st. is Bowels Rd. The car is parked at Simmons Mattress on Bowels rd. The last photo is coming down one of the hills from the Rutland Vt. area. Rt. 103 Not far from Okemo Mtn.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Just take the good with the bad. Dry roads and over 32 I'll ride, if not maybe tomorrow.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
We get hit with snow...then it warms up and rains and most of the snow goes away and then...the cold temps return again and the snow returns and the process starts all over again. It's been 1 1/2 months since my last ride. I'm hoping we can get a break and have the snow leave long enough to get a ride in soon.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Snowing here now too. I hate the white stuff! I don't winter well.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like Seymour,CT. Warren, we gotta ride next year.
Ya yer down off Rte. 8 south of Waterbury. I use to deliver to Derby-Torrington area a lot. Been thinking of a ride this spring out towards Winsted and Barkhampsted Res. You ever run Rte. 8 north up to rte. 57 in Ma. Nice run. We'll for sure have to hook up in non winter riding. hehe

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
That's a nice snowfall. On Sunday it was in the low 50s and I took my bike out, but last night it snowed.... ah well.

I always say that I love the snow before New Years b/c it is lovely and quite and serene.... but come January first, I'm ready for summer.

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
That's a nice snowfall. On Sunday it was in the low 50s and I took my bike out, but last night it snowed.... ah well.

I always say that I love the snow before New Years b/c it is lovely and quite and serene.... but come January first, I'm ready for summer.
Jersey Girls always are! Shore time!

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Are you gonna make it out here this year to visit your family?
I haven't missed it in years. Will let you know if I do :smile: Last year was not the usual sun and play as there were some health issues for a family member that I attended to, otherwise I would have connected w/ you Jersey guys.

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
I haven't missed it in years. Will let you know if I do :smile: Last year was not the usual sun and play as there were some health issues for a family member that I attended to, otherwise I would have connected w/ you Jersey guys.
Please do, hopefully we can all get together and have some fun!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
As a trucker (and Colorado native), I hate the cold and snow. Every year I drive, I hate it more, and I've been driving a LOOOOOOONG time!

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As a trucker (and Colorado native), I hate the cold and snow. Every year I drive, I hate it more, and I've been driving a LOOOOOOONG time!
With a little luck 1 yr 5 months and I be retired from trucking. hehe
about 30 yrs of it and around 2,000,000 miles. I'm really tired of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts