Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Regardless of inside or outside, I change the oil, add stablizer to the fuel, remove the battery and put it on a battery tender.
If the bike is outside, I'd plug the exhaust pipes (to keep varmints out) and get a good bike cover (and lock maybe?) to protect it. I'm assuming the bike is parked on pavement or something like that too.

·
Registered
410 Posts
where i live in PA, i keep the battery in the bike and connect it directly to the battery tender, then i add stabil in the gas tank. also i make sure fresh oil is in the engine. I used to remove my battery but we sometimes get a weekend of warm weather and i dont feel like putting the battery back in. i have kept the battery in the bike and used the battery tender for 2 years now with no problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't keep the bike outside. I have mine in an unheated shed, do all of the above, as well as fog the engine by squirting Seafoam Deep Creep into the spark plug holes.

If you don't have an inside place to store it, I'd be looking for a place that stores bikes correctly, perhaps a local bike shop. We have several around here.

Check out this web page:

Winterize Your Bike

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
I also live in PA. Mine gets a dose of Seafoam in a full tank and an oil change (I run full synthetic). I store it in an unheated garage with the wheels sitting on 2x4's.
Its also covered with a bike cover and also a tarp. I keep the battery connected. Since I fly electric rc aircraft, a battery tender I don't need as I have 6 chargers that will charge any type of cell in any voltage from a trickle charge up to 7 amps.
I recall last year, right before xmas I was out riding so I try and keep the bike ready so I can sneak out a ride.

Lucky...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts