Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a wintery trip through an awesome part western PA today, I want to put together a BIG ride for the latter part of June. With everyone coming from all areas, it's a perfect convergence point for those in the east/midwest. The event: Thunder in the Valley, June 24-27 (Thurs-Sun). There's gonna be a lot of great riding, as the routes are aggressive and very scenic. This area reminded me of the Cherohala Skyway, and there's much to do and see there.

I'm working on this trip with an HD buddy of mine, and what we're initially thinking is a 2-night trip, probably camping, and doing some white-water rafting while we're there. I'm presenting this now, because we'll probably need to reserve the WW rafting in advance, as well as the fact that anyone interested will probably need to get time off for a day or two.

For everyone's distance estimate's, you can use the 15470 zip-code as reference. And if you want to see what's there, google "Ohiopyle, PA".

If you're interested in joining the ride, please let me know as early as possible. I know it's 5 months from now, but we're looking to put together an incredible ride! And if you're intested in the WW rafting, please please get back to me as soon as possible, as we're gonna need to reserve enough spaces.

We're in the initial planning, but the thoughts on the table are Fallingwater | Home, White-water rafting, the Pennsylvania 9/11 crash-site (most likely a memorial ride), Motorcycle Rally Finder - Thunder in the Valley®, and much more to come.

Hope to see you all there!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cambria Summit ABATE has been sponsoring an event at the Cambria County Fair grounds that same weekend. You can Camp there and enjoy all the Music/Atmosphere and still be in riding distance of Johnstown for Thunder in the Valley. The past few years the entrance fee was $5.00. Yes $5.00.I can't post a link now but you should be able to find the info on the website. Thunder in the Valley is family oriented but I would not suggest the fair grounds if you are bringing kids. I had a blast last year. The fair grounds are located in Ebensburg Pa. The ride to Johnstown is real easy from there, just hop on 219.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts