Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Finally Free
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with this? I am trying to fit a new fender onto my 2005 VN800. Of course you have to disconnect the brake light and directionals. If you have the manual, you can see that it simply says disconnect this wire, then this wire, etc etc. The brake light wire is easy. I cannot figure out how to disconnect the 4 individual wires that run to the turn signals. I simply pulled, and nothing really happened. I don't want to pull too hard and break something. Pictures of the connectors below. Anyone know how to properly disconnect these?

·
Registered
241 Posts
You just need to disconnect them at the white connector. It looks like someone has cut and butt connected the wiring.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
That's the way the wires come from the factory. Simply pull them apart. You can see which ones go to the rear turn signals, the other end stays with the insulator.

·
Finally Free
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks Mumbles! I think you have replied to every single one of my problems that I have posted with the answer to the job. Got it taken care of, new fender fits, so now I gotta get everything painted. Will post pictures when its all done!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
That's cool brother, just passing on what others have done for me in the past although the forum is much mellowed out now-a-days.
Looking forward to seeing your project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts