Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am 15 and have been rebuilding my kmx 125 for nearly a year now and spent towards £1000 :( . i need some information on completing the wiring. i have a wiring harness, a coil, pickup, magneto and i know that i need a CDI. is there anything else i need to get a spark and is it as simple as plug it in and were off or do i need to change anything.
thank you for your help.
rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
for a spark all you need is the high voltage magneto winding (not the charging windings), the pickup, the CDI and coil (HT lead and plug obviousley)

a 12v source is not needed power for the CDI and coil comes from the high voltage magneto windings (300 to 400v ac (ish))

hope this helps... now i need help with my kmx rebuild...

where do the 3 carb overflow pipes, tank breather pipe, gearbox crankcase breather pipe, oil tank breather pipe and coolant tank overflow pipe go?

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to be honest mate, im just looking at my carb now and i am not sure... i will have a look at my uncles trials bike this weekend if i can cause i no his carb has 3 overflows and 1 from the crankcase. i presume they just need to be out of the way were it wont matter.
will let you know

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol. erm dunno were to suggest to put them... dont suppose you no of anywere i can get some parts fairly cheap. . spent nearly a thousand pound on this and the heart breaking thing is that it will prob only sell for 450 tops if i sell.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if im correct in thinking.... the one at the bottom of the tank runs straight up and through the tank to the top near the cap. i think that it will jus need a short piece on it and perhaps tie it to the carb overflows. . . have a look in the tank and just confirm that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
depends what you after... i have spent 400 on mine and is reckoned to be a grands worth now although there must be hundreds of hours spent on it.... supermoto conversion is the way to go.

what you having trouble with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
can only really say keep an eye on ebay... and dont give up on it will make an ace first bike (if you are gonna get it on the road).

mine is geared down so top speed is only about 55 - 60 mph but it will get there so insanley quick and lift the front wheel in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear lol

mates on there 400's get ****ed off lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dont speak to my dad its my uncle really who has got me into bikes. . if you were intrested in selling i would be intrested as i want a trials as a project and i plan to buy one after kmx anyway. my uncle has a 300cc gas gas raga (like the one in the pic but last years) and my cousin has the gas gas txt pro 125cc. i like them both but the front comes up too easy on the 300 and it aches your arms after a while. any more info on that montessa if you would be intrested.
thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.