Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a wiring diagram for my '75 Kawasaki G4TR-E. I have a wiring diagram from what I think is a '73 G4TR but it doesn't match 100% to my '75. The '73 didn't have standard turn signals (optional and not listed on the '73 diagram). Here's the '73 diagram I have:

Anyone have what I'm looking for?

·
Super Moderator
2,701 Posts
I have never seen the diagram you are looking for and perhaps that is why you are not getting any responses.

If you are looking to hook up turn signals, it should be pretty easy as they are simple devices. Study the diagrams for some of the other bikes of that size and era to see how they get wired up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never seen the diagram you are looking for and perhaps that is why you are not getting any responses.

If you are looking to hook up turn signals, it should be pretty easy as they are simple devices. Study the diagrams for some of the other bikes of that size and era to see how they get wired up.
I think I might have located what I was looking for, I wish it was higher resolution. Why can't I attach images anymore? Everything is grayed out?

·
Super Moderator
2,701 Posts
To be expected, but if you understand your system then you should be able to work between the two diagrams to achieve your goal.

What is your end goal here? Is it to add turn signals?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be expected, but if you understand your system then you should be able to work between the two diagrams to achieve your goal.

What is your end goal here? Is it to add turn signals?
We presently can't get the front turn signals to work. The rear turn signals are absent completely. We removed the wiring harness so that we could paint the frame, so we tried to re-join the connectors as best as we could. We might not have all wiring installed correctly, I don't know just yet. I'm still trying to track down 6 V bulbs in 3 and 1.7 wattage for the instrument lighting. I bought some LED bulbs on Amazon, hopefully they work out OK.

·
Super Moderator
2,701 Posts
Assuming your TS flasher is in working condition, it will need both bulbs (front and rear) of the correct wattage in order to function. The flasher depends on the load of the bulbs in order to work. If there is not enough load, they won't flash, they will just stay on all the time.

Switching to LED reduces the load so that makes things worse unless you get an LED flasher or use load resistors.
Some LED turn signals include load resistors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, it made for some interesting reading about your bike, the wiring diagram you have is for a B model but as WFO-KZ said you can get what yo need from the two diagrams, but have a read of this you mite get a better diagram understanding the changes your bike model went thought, from 71 to 75, have a read....
1974 Kawasaki G4-TR 100 - home

1 - 11 of 11 Posts