Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a little 2000lb winch for my bayou and I am planning to wire it up. I have the winch, the rocker handle bar mounted switch. I have a four post soleniod that came off my ford pickup. I know that you can use this kind of soleniod. What I am wandering is where do you hook up the wires from the rocker switch. The one that you get with warns and others is the rectangle kind with the two rocker switch wires coming out of the box. The one I have is the 4 post cylinder type. So how do you wire it all up the right way? If anyone knows it would be a big help. If I have to I can buy the rectangle type but I would like to use what ive got around. Thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
The Warn winches that have the "starter solenoid" wired in also have a two way "butterfly" switch that's simply a high amperage Double Pole Double Throw switch. The solenoid ensures that you cannot bump the butterfly switch with the ignition switch off and burn your garage/quad down to the ground without knowing it.

The butterfly wears out, the contacts burn out, the spring loses all tension... they are overpriced and wear out quickly. The best thing to do is to purcahse a promark replacement winch contactor as a set (they sell them on Ebay for $39 with free shipping) and run new wires and everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.