Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking on ebay , saw a cheap cylinder sleeve for my bike

but then i read what he says, says u will either get a LA sleeve, or a wiseco sleeve..

honestly i didnt want a la sleeve(if i do i will order it from oem cycle), i wanted to buy a wiseco sleeve

is there anywhere that ships them to canada , i can find there pistons but not the sleeves...

thanks for reading as always boys...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, i had a few friends tell to ..

get it replated!!!!! that would be better and cheaper, now i will do that, but where to do that? how will i know the work is done unless i buy a bore measurement tool right?..

whats it cost for a replate anyways?...im in canada folks(but dont hold that against me :))

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
http://www.wiseco.com/Catalogs/Powersports/CylinderSleeves.pdf

Have you called Wiseco directly?

If not try them, I find them to be great to deal with, and very helpful.

They offer great products, at reasonable prices to.

Just run a good oil, at about 40 to 1 and warm the engine up somewhat before pinning it, as I have found wiseco pistons are not fond of being hammered on while still cold.

·
Registered
65 Posts
plating is far superior to a steel or iron liner. It is harder, lasts longer, and can run at tighter tolerances.

us chrome
millennium technologies
langcourt

All do a great job re-plating. If you send the piston with it they will hone it to exactly the right tolerance according to the type of piston you use. You also have the option to purchase the piston from them and they do the same thing. I just got a cylinder back from langcourt a while back. Beautiful!!!

I'm pretty sure there are some companies up on your side of the border that do the same work.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
plating is far superior to a steel or iron liner. It is harder, lasts longer, and can run at tighter tolerances.

us chrome
millennium technologies
langcourt

All do a great job re-plating. If you send the piston with it they will hone it to exactly the right tolerance according to the type of piston you use. You also have the option to purchase the piston from them and they do the same thing. I just got a cylinder back from langcourt a while back. Beautiful!!!

I'm pretty sure there are some companies up on your side of the border that do the same work.
nice, thats what i like to hear, what kind of sleeves are wiseco?

i wanna send them my piston(to wherever) so they know whats up i like that...

when i took my piston out it seemd like there was NO room for the piston to slide up and down... like it was a hair of space between cylinder and piston...pretty crazy thats what worrys me about putting it back together, i wanted to put old piston(new circlips) back in kick it over once listen to it start, then take it apart again and bla bla...

how stupid does that sound? im just doubting myself i guess..

·
Braaaaaaaaap
383 Posts
what u get charged to repunch sleeve in and out...
What? My brother was a mechanic. He sent the cylinder out to get resleeved and got it back and he said it hadn't gotten replated with nickasil. He said it will be fine if you let it warm up, and run a good ratio and pre mix.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tranny pics.. i think im gonna have a lil problem getting it back together, i got these 2 washers mixed up, one seems fatter but iunno...

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts