Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sat im goin to an auction , hope to score an f11. theres 150 or so barn bikes there , I stopped today and looked em over. See's this f11 partially resto but not reassembled, very nice too. not sure of year but who cares! Ive wanted one of these since I had a 350 bighorn in 74. cat had a pile of gas tanks on a hay wagon! Found a cherry TY tank in that pile along with some other rare ones! IM PUMPED. 3 cb 750k's two 71's one 73 but there purty much toast, locked and rusty! OH MAN IM IN HOG HEAVIN.
& All ive got left on my 650 project is wiring paint seat and make a set of rearsets!
heres a pic of the 650 I know its not a kaw but im happy with where its at looks wise, this bike was way more involved than i ever thought it would be but I always wanted a bobber that wasnt a v'twin.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i figure im this close to one more finished I gotta have something to do this summer.For some reason kaws in this area are hard to find, yamy's and hondas are everywhere.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so is there anything on f11's I should be afraid of? Id really like to keep stock oil inj. if i score the bike.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Good luck, jeepurz. The project is lookin' sweet.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
so is there anything on f11's I should be afraid of? Id really like to keep stock oil inj. if i score the bike.
All the rotary valve models had a tendency to have an air leak around the intake boot where it went onto the plate. A small, SMALL amount of silicone seal in the groove and time to let it set up will help you to get it run correctly with a minimum of fuss. Note: This is about the only time I will ever advocate the use of sili-seal. I hate the stuff.

The stock injection worked well, and I always liked it myself. Just make sure you get the right tension on the cable, to set the injector correctly. The plastic lines will be really brittle with age, so be careful when working on them. Also, the bolt that goes into the banjo fitting is really weak. Don't get hamfisted on the torque. And no, I don't think you can get either that bolt, or the oil line from the dealers anymore.

Edit: Oh, and that's a sweet looking XS650. ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm well , got tired of standing for 2 hours left a bid on the bike & left, the auctioneers were local so its not unusual to just leave a bid so im not caught up in the flurry and over bid, checked proxy bid service and it sold 100 bucks less than my bid, but when i called they said there was nuttin on my # for buys. WTF. gezz there gonna sort it out mon. kinda sucks cause I would of had it for 250.$
which is way more than id normally spend on a barn bike.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I've been to auctions and had the same thing happen. It's kind of frustrating, but not a lot you can do about it except get the auction winner's info and try and work out a deal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to hear that. I've been to auctions and had the same thing happen. It's kind of frustrating, but not a lot you can do about it except get the auction winner's info and try and work out a deal.
should of done the proxy bid, im not real patient & hate standing around. proxy bid cost 15% but at least id of got it. the old boy I gave the bid to works there a family freind he's late 70's hell he probably got lost , im 51 and cant match socks!:-D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts